Mask question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    Looks like the Governor is signing an executive order today mandating masks in all public areas, retail establishments, etc. Will go into effect 12:01am on Monday the 13th.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Looks like the Governor is signing an executive order today mandating masks in all public areas, retail establishments, etc. Will go into effect 12:01am on Monday the 13th.

I am okay/good with that. In my opinion if those that do not want to wear a mask, they should stay theirselves home. I dont need or want them possibly infecting me or my family and I do not want to possibly infect them or their family as well.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    my thoughts on a mask. Sorry if it seems a little immature or Dick(ish), but it’s how I see it.

#JohnBellEdwards, you can eat a dick. I will not be wearing a ****ing mask. Federal Law overpowers your ********, and Federal Law states that it is a felony for me to cover my face in public while carrying a firearm. So **** you... Good luck seeing me in public when I don’t have a weapon on me. That doesn’t happen. #****yourmask

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Cool, but I meant what you actually said.

Statewide mask mandate now.. I think it was stated this was likely coming.
    Closing the bars back down. Kinda figured that would happen. Rocking a few cases at work for sure. I’ll say this, anyone who thinks just because they’re 20 and beautiful they’ll get a pass from the covid is sadly mistaken. All levels of illness regardless of age and general state of health. The reaper does tend to favor the old and feeble but he’s got a damn quota to meet so he don’t mind a couple of college kids thrown in there.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    It should be up to each head of family to determine how to protect themselves... the gov is overstepping there boundaries on this one, if you think the mask work so good, then you and your family wearing one will be all the protection they need... guess we should just inflect a curfew, stop cars with multi people in them and make sure they are family, take there guns and mags and register ammo lol

I am okay/good with that. In my opinion if those that do not want to wear a mask, they should stay theirselves home. I dont need or want them possibly infecting me or my family and I do not want to possibly infect them or their family as well.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    my thoughts on a mask. Sorry if it seems a little immature or Dick(ish), but it’s how I see it.

#JohnBellEdwards, you can eat a dick. I will not be wearing a ****ing mask. Federal Law overpowers your ********, and Federal Law states that it is a felony for me to cover my face in public while carrying a firearm. So **** you... Good luck seeing me in public when I don’t have a weapon on me. That doesn’t happen. #****yourmask

Amen brother!!!! We arnt a 3rd world country, we ain’t China or Japan... we don’t need no stinkn gov mandated regulations on face coverings...

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    How long before a Masker shoots an anti masker? this is a serious question. I ran into a male Karen at the range a few days ago, talked to him outside and he seemed normal, walked inside without a mask and he lost it! lol

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    It should be up to each head of family to determine how to protect themselves... the gov is overstepping there boundaries on this one, if you think the mask work so good, then you and your family wearing one will be all the protection they need... guess we should just inflect a curfew, stop cars with multi people in them and make sure they are family, take there guns and mags and register ammo lol

Amen brother!!!! We arnt a 3rd world country, we ain’t China or Japan... we don’t need no stinkn gov mandated regulations on face coverings...

People pick their poisons and drink them. Me, if I have any chance of saving any of my family members, I will even if I have to "give up some little freedom" to do so. Being my sister and my neice are both doctors, and also my wife works for a major hospital corporation, I am going to "fail" on the safe side. I am not drinking no poison or taking any undue chances to endanger those that are near and dear to me. I guess I may be talking about human morals and respect for others instead of just myself. Some have morals, some dont. ;)

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Good, that is your right I encourage you to exercise it. Particularly if you believe it’s effective.

I prefer to not wear one and when someone asks me to wear one or leave I decide what’s more important to me, but I’m not a cock-smoker to those people even when they are rude to me.

If you are insisting people wear them and wear them properly and practice good hygiene while in your store, then I’m much more sympathetic to your choices and respect you for it. However the overwhelming majority of my experiences have been a bunch of cock-smokers running around invading peoples personal space and telling them to wear a mask or leave all while protecting their chin and neck (instead of the mouth and nose) from COVID.

I get frustrated.

We have a sign on the window .

We have a sign on the door.

We have a sign behind the counter.

It is a requirement of the Parish, and business owners who violate it can be fined $500.

Everybody who doesn't live under a rock knows this.

Most of our customers are great, and have adapted well, but there's always that guy.

2000 rounds huh? Dang.

I know, right. A veritable stockpile of ammunition.

It's rare to get in any ammo.

We got in three battle packs of Korean .38spl. 300 round battle packs, sealed. They were cool.
    LRP'n that Model 10 with a battlepack in the ruck. The fantasys are endless.

All three sold the first day on the shelf.;)

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That 2000 rounds is worth more than it’s weight in coins right now... lol get it lol cause we ain’t got coins

I get frustrated.

We have a sign on the window .

We have a sign on the door.

We have a sign behind the counter.

It is a requirement of the Parish, and business owners who violate it can be fined $500.

Everybody who doesn't live under a rock knows this.

Most of our customers are great, and have adapted well, but there's always that guy.

I know, right. A veritable stockpile of ammunition.

It's rare to get in any ammo.

We got in three battle packs of Korean .38spl. 300 round battle packs, sealed. They were cool.
    LRP'n that Model 10 with a battlepack in the ruck. The fantasys are endless.

All three sold the first day on the shelf.;)

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I wonder how many maskers have read the instructions on the disposable masks, and actually follow them. If we do, what about all the global warming and waste from all the millions of masks?
    Hmm, made in China at that... Mask.JPG

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I'll wear the mask, better safe than sorry.
    I've seen first hand what COVID19 can do to a person from beginning to the bitter end and believe me it's not pretty. Even if you do survive there can be some pretty ugly after effects.
    I have quite a few friends who are health professionals and so far it's been unanimous. Wear the mask.
    To each his own.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

What statute is this? Or can you show me a source? Genuinely curious.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

So you don’t work or go to stores?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What statute is this? Or can you show me a source? Genuinely curious.

Can’t say I ever remember seeing that as an add on for robbery when the FBI has investigated it. Maybe I will learn something else new today

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So you don’t work or go to stores?

since this stuff has started, I’ve stopped going into stores. I buy everything possible I can online or let the wife make any store runs. As far as work, I keep a balaclava around my neck to half assed cover my mouth just to satisfy the people that matter, but that does come off the second I walk out the door. And yes, I still carry my weapon while at work. My store manager knows it, and doesn’t mind as he carries himself.

Top Bottom