Mask question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    It's a data point.

1. Total # of tests.
    2. Total # of positive tests.
    3. Total # of negative tests.
    4. Total # of positive tests that resulted in hospitalization.
    5. Total # of positive tests that resulted in death.

2 thru 5 are a percentage of 1.
    4 and 5 are a percentage of 2.

Obviously there won't be any data on hospitalizations or deaths of a negative test unless something went wrong.

Apparently attempting to understand the methodology of how the data is presented makes an individual stupid. At least by Bosco's standards...

So you agree that less than 1% were hospitalized and less than 0.2% were deaths.

The point I’m attempting to make is it seems people like to interpret the numbers to fit their narrative.

Straight from the horses mouth. Trying to make the hospitalization and death numbers look much smaller than they are by counting people who tested negative. But you aren't a conspiracy theorist :mamoru: And look there's his trolling buddy back by his side, they make such a cute pair.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Straight from the horses mouth. Trying to make the hospitalization and death numbers look much smaller than they are by counting people who tested negative. But you aren't a conspiracy theorist :mamoru: And look there's his trolling buddy back by his side, they make such a cute pair.

I don't have a narrative. I have a question.

How is the data supposed to be interpreted?

Rather than have a civil discussion, you choose to act like a pompous ****. If I recall, you called me stupid for asking about the data.

What are you trying to prove by including the negative results in those percentages?

If the negative tests are not important, why are they documented?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You're not going to waste any more of my time with serious discussion. I tried to be reasonable but you aren't serious so I'm no longer serious. Get your bff to explain why negative tests aren't counted towards the death rate of a virus but are still an important statistic to document. It's entertaining when you make fun of people who buy budget AR15's and think they are "just as gud" but there's nothing entertaining about what you're doing now.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It's a data point.

1. Total # of tests.
    2. Total # of positive tests.
    3. Total # of negative tests.
    4. Total # of positive tests that resulted in hospitalization.
    5. Total # of positive tests that resulted in death.

2 thru 5 are a percentage of 1.
    4 and 5 are a percentage of 2.

Obviously there won't be any data on hospitalizations or deaths of a negative test unless something went wrong.

Apparently attempting to understand the methodology of how the data is presented makes an individual stupid. At least by Bosco's standards...

I believe his opinion is set. There is a strong emotional response to COVID. The media has clearly accomplished what they set out to. A metric that would be real interesting to see is total tested that showed little or no symptoms at the time of test.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You're not going to waste any more of my time with serious discussion. I tried to be reasonable but you aren't serious so I'm no longer serious. Get your bff to explain why negative tests aren't counted towards the death rate of a virus but are still an important statistic to document. It's entertaining when you make fun of people who buy budget AR15's and think they are "just as gud" but there's nothing entertaining about what you're doing now.

You're like a child. Rather than not wasting your time, by not responding, you choose to waste your time by shouting that you're not going to waste any more of your time... Seems logical.

I asked why they are documented if they are unimportant and you failed to answer twice. So it would seem like you have been wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You're like a child. Rather than not wasting your time, by not responding, you choose to waste your time by shouting that you're not going to waste any more of your time... Seems logical.

I asked why they are documented if they are unimportant and you failed to answer twice. So it would seem like you have been wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Name calling. Cute.

Shows a lot about your character...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Who would have guessed we were accused of being bff’s?:rofl:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I know right? This is like an episode of the twilight zone.

Well they wanted us to get along or at least coexist. I got to imagine someone is shaking their head. :rofl:

Im still confused about trolling and how it was you and me doing it. I mean I’ve been known to partake in a little online horseplay but if our posts towards Mike/FF was trolling, we’ve reached a sad new low in discourse.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Mask wearing in a nutshell: If I'm naked and try to pee on you, I get pee on you. If I have pants on and try to pee on you I get pee on me and not on you. Pretty simple. The way I see it, we went to war and changed the world over the 9/11 attack. It was a brutal and terrible and enraging tragedy with 3000 people dying that day. We still can't bring a large toothpaste on a flight. We've lost what, 130,000+ Americans over COVID19 in a few months? I think people need to visit an ICU to see what this thing is doing. Once you've been ventilated, you're never the same either. Plus, who's got money for the hospital bills unless you can go to the VA or use medicaid. I'm sure there are folks on here who would have plenty to say about those options too. Even with decent insurance, you could get wiped out nowadays. Yet, people don't want to wear a cool ninja mask for 10 minutes around others? No, not 100% effective but lowers risk of infecting others. If it was only about protecting yourself, I'd be all in for you do you. You want to take the chance, no problem - just don't use my money to pay for your medical care. But, now it's about trying to keep other people from getting sick and so we can get back to some kind of normal and get back to business and such, well that's a different story. There are other side effects that the me, me, me crowd should think about too. If you get in a wreck or have your appendix burst and the hospitals are full of covid patients, where ya gonna go? If hospitals have to eat lots of costs for treating people, where do you think that money is going to come from? Higher insurance and medical bills, taxpayer funded bailouts. So, even if someone doesn't give a rat's butt about others, it's still blowing back on them. All right, I better get off my soapbox before someone rings the gong.

It’s a crying ass shame that people don’t get this.

Even from the get go, it was explained and exclaimed that we need to try to keep the spread to lower levels so we don’t overwhelm our hospitals. I’m guessing a lot of folks think that’s so my job won’t be so hard. Sorry to say it’s so the many people who need medical care for other life threatening problems (or things that if left untreated can become life threatening) will actually have a place to go for care. So, in short, if we work together in whatever form or fashion we can hopefully keep the numbers from surging and keep enough resources available to treat everyone in need. Think about the reasons you hear for not wearing a mask. If any of them include any sort of conspiracy theory, the person using that reason is a conspiracy theorist, are they not? Btw, the powers that be are also asking that everyone practice good hand washing and proper hygiene, self quarantine if you are known to be infected, avoid large groups, practice proper distancing in public, and a few other common sense measures that can help to keep from infecting or becoming infected. Does anyone believe any of those measures they’re asking of the public are for reasons other than slowing the spread of the virus?
    Or maybe folks believe it’s to condition the public into being herded and controlled and isolated and hushed.
    I think it’s mostly that people just don’t wanna be told what to do even if it’s for their own good. Or the good of their family. People see what they want to see in any situation, no matter how plain the truth is or how it stares them in the face, they can find another truth to cling to.

I don’t remember anyone ever saying if everyone wears a mask this thing will go away.

Don’t wear the mask, but be informed. No need to make excuses, I don’t think anyone cares about your reasons any more than you care about the reasons to wear one. Don’t say anything to those who wear the mask if you don’t want to hear anything about not wearing one. By all means, practice your God given rights, be free, go out in public without a mask, but please stay away from me if you don’t wear one. Stay away from me and my family. For all you know, for all I know, you could be carrying the virus and infecting everyone you get close to. And you don’t have that right.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    FWIW, I think people should wear masks when they are sick. I've said it before, it's common in Asian culture, but not in America for some reason.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    It’s a crying ass shame that people don’t get this.

Even from the get go, it was explained and exclaimed that we need to try to keep the spread to lower levels so we don’t overwhelm our hospitals. I’m guessing a lot of folks think that’s so my job won’t be so hard. Sorry to say it’s so the many people who need medical care for other life threatening problems (or things that if left untreated can become life threatening) will actually have a place to go for care. So, in short, if we work together in whatever form or fashion we can hopefully keep the numbers from surging and keep enough resources available to treat everyone in need. Think about the reasons you hear for not wearing a mask. If any of them include any sort of conspiracy theory, the person using that reason is a conspiracy theorist, are they not? Btw, the powers that be are also asking that everyone practice good hand washing and proper hygiene, self quarantine if you are known to be infected, avoid large groups, practice proper distancing in public, and a few other common sense measures that can help to keep from infecting or becoming infected. Does anyone believe any of those measures they’re asking of the public are for reasons other than slowing the spread of the virus?
    Or maybe folks believe it’s to condition the public into being herded and controlled and isolated and hushed.
    I think it’s mostly that people just don’t wanna be told what to do even if it’s for their own good. Or the good of their family. People see what they want to see in any situation, no matter how plain the truth is or how it stares them in the face, they can find another truth to cling to.

I don’t remember anyone ever saying if everyone wears a mask this thing will go away.

Don’t wear the mask, but be informed. No need to make excuses, I don’t think anyone cares about your reasons any more than you care about the reasons to wear one. Don’t say anything to those who wear the mask if you don’t want to hear anything about not wearing one. By all means, practice your God given rights, be free, go out in public without a mask, but please stay away from me if you don’t wear one. Stay away from me and my family. For all you know, for all I know, you could be carrying the virus and infecting everyone you get close to. And you don’t have that right.

Very well said!!

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I did not know we were expected to wear a mask at a gym. Ours reopened and I have never seen anyone wear a mask and I go pretty much every day. Now I am not in BR I am up in Zachary.

Edwards declaration says a mask is required in every commercial building, Planet Fitness is a commercial building and can be sited for non compliance.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Edwards declaration says a mask is required in every commercial building, Planet Fitness is a commercial building and can be sited for non compliance.

Also any public building or space, so you’re pretty much supposed to where it the second your step out of your vehicle.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I took the liberty of highlighting some of the more interesting parts.
    b390ff0f464f5b5332be731033b0125c.jpg
    db4e45788b2d58b270bc9e1cedab7843.jpg
    183b940aa092c6f26d7d787f8f03ddcb.jpg
    1739b13356d67ef2504408cb52d06e84.jpg
    ea958013290ae5039846d9d9384c781d.jpg
    1b2549de52a9371eef80021e5880909c.jpg
    98f657414eb0d788b39e0917cc8f26ef.jpg
    2c541ccae5d143bde7536ceb8f2740ce.jpg
    48b4a449830f424d6312001ad8bfa061.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks for post that nolaradio.

Nice to see all of the info put in writing and explained with specifics so well.

I feel for all of the business that were "forced" to close, and all of the employees as well. Unconstitutional to say the least.

Bell-end Edward's has a lot to answer for.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    He asked you about claims you made in a public setting. Feel free to explain how that is trolling. What names were you called?

Please provide evidence of my posts that were made on this forum to that effect. And also please explain why bangswitch was allowed to post my name on this forum and was allowed to do so without it being moderated out. Post "209" bangswitch. I present the post here:

"Well they wanted us to get along or at least coexist. I got to imagine someone is shaking their head.
    Im still confused about trolling and how it was you and me doing it. I mean I’ve been known to partake in a little online horseplay but if our posts towards Mike/FF was trolling, we’ve reached a sad new low in discourse."
    And yet it was allowed by moderators even though it was against the TOS of the forum. What is up with that? Please explain! :confused:

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Please provide evidence of my posts that were made on this forum to that effect. And also please explain why bangswitch was allowed to post my name on this forum and was allowed to do so without it being moderated out. Post "209" bangswitch. I present the post here:

"Well they wanted us to get along or at least coexist. I got to imagine someone is shaking their head.
    Im still confused about trolling and how it was you and me doing it. I mean I’ve been known to partake in a little online horseplay but if our posts towards Mike/FF was trolling, we’ve reached a sad new low in discourse."
    And yet it was allowed by moderators even though it was against the TOS of the forum. What is up with that? Please explain! :confused:
    He’s prolly just trying to get a rise out of you. I’m sure he’s a great guy.
    I’m sure he didn’t mean anything by it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It appears you mistakenly believe this public forum exists in its own little bubble. It does not. There's nothing preventing someone from asking you here about claims made elsewhere. As far as your name, you indicated in a public setting that was your name. You knew the people participating in that public chat were also users of this forum when you made the claims and verified your name.

As a mod, I've personally banned a number of users who haven't done anything wrong here based on information learned elsewhere on the internet. Most of those people were scammers but it illustrates that the site does not operate as if it is cut off from the rest of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom