Mask question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You ever wonder how many are live action trolling? Not saying any of these guys, but I find myself not being able to resist screwing with people when I go out in public since the craziness started.

I know there are many who are trolling, but I would surmise they are all younger people and not putting plastic bags over their face.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Proof that trained professionals shouldn't handle firearms

See how easy it is to pick some poor examples of humanity and then generalize everyone based off of those poor examples?

Not exactly the same. You can if observant, find at least a dozen examples of stupidity in every visit to Walmart. I know one police officer who accidentally shot himself in the hand no less. And he’s one of those old guys from a small town with a specific mentality often poked fun at. He’s friendly but I would probably have to put my money on the criminal in any kind of fight.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I think requirement of masking is to find an effective solution to decrease number of COVID cases in Louisiana without more drastic measures that would impose greater restrictions and reduce industry and commerce. If the mask wearing and social distancing is effective in reducing COVID, then the state won't have totally shut down to essential workers and services. I could be wrong but seems rational, balanced, and reserved.
    Why have we not worn masks in the past during bad flu seasons? What about all the tuberculosis cases that was brought up in the video you probably didn't watch, did those 1.5 million deaths not matter enough to warrant these same orders?
    I mean really, I don't get it. How can y'all not see that this is blown extremely out of proportion. If I didn't know any better, I'd be looking for half the population to drop dead or turn to zombies or something.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Why have we not worn masks in the past during bad flu seasons? What about all the tuberculosis cases that was brought up in the video you probably didn't watch, did those 1.5 million deaths not matter enough to warrant these same orders?
    I mean really, I don't get it. How can y'all not see that this is blown extremely out of proportion. If I didn't know any better, I'd be looking for half the population to drop dead or turn to zombies or something.

The difference is a mass hysteria was created and perpetuated. And now that the whole world is all ‘wee we-ed up’ government officials and politicians have to look like they are doing something, or risk looking like they don’t care about people dieing.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

PBW4XWm.png

The World Health Organization recommends wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID19 https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...9/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks but hey they're a bunch of idiots who don't know nothing right?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html but hey what do they know? Bunch of libtards!

Vice President Pence who Trump appointed Head of the Coronavirus Task Force says WEAR A MASK! https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...e-members-coronavirus-task-force-july-8-2020/ but I guess he's just pandering to the dumbasses who don't think for themselves!

Trump himself is now wearing a mask because things are getting a bit crazy here in the good old US of A. Yet there are still so many people who think they know better and refuse to wear a piece of cloth over their face because of "MAH FREEDOMS!!!!!"

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Not exactly the same. You can if observant, find at least a dozen examples of stupidity in every visit to Walmart. I know one police officer who accidentally shot himself in the hand no less. And he’s one of those old guys from a small town with a specific mentality often poked fun at. He’s friendly but I would probably have to put my money on the criminal in any kind of fight.

You can find examples of stupidity everywhere you go. If you let stupid people making stupid decisions affect how you live life, then you're just as stupid.

If you say "Oh look at these dumb ass people wearing masks wrong" and use that as an excuse to not wear a mask, then you're just as much of a dumb ass. It's the same as looking at idiots handling firearms wrong and then saying "Well I guess I'll sell all my guns because stupid people are shooting themselves".

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    PBW4XWm.png

The World Health Organization recommends wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID19 https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...9/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks but hey they're a bunch of idiots who don't know nothing right?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends wearing masks to prevent the spread of COVID19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html but hey what do they know? Bunch of libtards!

Vice President Pence who Trump appointed Head of the Coronavirus Task Force says WEAR A MASK! https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...e-members-coronavirus-task-force-july-8-2020/ but I guess he's just pandering to the dumbasses who don't think for themselves!

Trump himself is now wearing a mask because things are getting a bit crazy here in the good old US of A. Yet there are still so many people who think they know better and refuse to wear a piece of cloth over their face because of "MAH FREEDOMS!!!!!"
    First off, you don't happen to believe that all those infected patients were sent to those nursing homes by accident, do you?
    Second, there is a reason we are withdrawing funding to the Who and the CDC is no better.
    As far as Trump wearing a mask, I can't comment on it because I'm not Trump. He tends to troll so much, it makes me wonder if that is exactly what he's doing; trying to get a reaction.

ETA - Also, if you don't believe that those numbers have been skewed in one form or 10 others in the favor of adding to the Corona death toll, I don't know what to tell you other than go looking and you'll find plenty of it.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You can find examples of stupidity everywhere you go. If you let stupid people making stupid decisions affect how you live life, then you're just as stupid.

Oh so you mean like wear a mask because there are dumbass people still going out in public who are highly susceptible to getting Covid and dieing from it? Or forcing everyone to do so? Gotcha. 100% agree!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Now add on the financial, social, and mental health implications of everything that is being forced upon us due to this so called pandemic and I don't see how anyone can say, yep this was a good idea.
    The masks are only a small part of the issue at hand and a lot of the refusal to wear them stems from the ******** lies and fear mongering that has been pushed for months now.
    It's OK, we encourage you all to go and in the streets to riot, loot,.. I mean protest,.. But don't let us catch you running your business or going to church or hanging out with friends, ect..

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    PBW4XWm.png

Bro if you want to wear a mask I applaud you. Stick to what you believe continue to encourage others. Help those who don’t seem to wear them properly understand the importance of wearing it and handling it properly.

It’s your time to waste.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Now add on the financial, social, and mental health implications of everything that is being forced upon us due to this so called pandemic and I don't see how anyone can say, yep this was a good idea.
    The masks are only a small part of the issue at hand and a lot of the refusal to wear them stems from the ******** lies and fear mongering that has been pushed for months now.
    It's OK, we encourage you all to go and in the streets to riot, loot,.. I mean protest,.. But don't let us catch you running your business or going to church or hanging out with friends, ect..

You mean how restaurants had to register with the fire marshal in order to open back up even though it has nothing to do with the fire marshal? You mean how the government is resorting to technicalities to enforce such things, because they can’t pass legislation to enforce it?

I’ll wear the mask, because I don’t want the attention and it’s not the hill I want to die on, but I’ll happily tell you that I think all of this is stupid and I don’t believe telling people they must do something will work for 100% of the population.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    First off, you don't happen to believe that all those infected patients were sent to those nursing homes by accident, do you?
    Second, there is a reason we are withdrawing funding to the Who and the CDC is no better.
    As far as Trump wearing a mask, I can't comment on it because I'm not Trump. He tends to troll so much, it makes me wonder if that is exactly what he's doing; trying to get a reaction.

ETA - Also, if you don't believe that those numbers have been skewed in one form or 10 others in the favor of adding to the Corona death toll, I don't know what to tell you other than go looking and you'll find plenty of it.

I can't even begin to argue with the sheer stupidity of these statements. It's pointless to even try as it's obvious facts can't compete with conspiracy theories.

Oh so you mean like wear a mask because there are dumbass people still going out in public who are highly susceptible to getting Covid and dieing from it? Or forcing everyone to do so? Gotcha. 100% agree!

I have no clue what you're saying here. Every country that has taken social distancing and masks seriously has seen decrease in infection. The evidence of masks working is there. Other countries have flattened their curves because people came together against a common enemy and did what they had to do.

When Americans are still fighting with all of the experts because they just don't wanna wear a mask and take a global pandemic seriously, then yes, good leaders will force people to do what they asked them to do. If people continue to be foolish about it and ignore the mandates and infections continue to rise, I'm sure there will be more restrictions coming.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Bro if you want to wear a mask I applaud you. Stick to what you believe continue to encourage others. Help those who don’t seem to wear them properly understand the importance of wearing it and handling it properly.

It’s your time to waste.

The only time I waste is the time I spend here in the echo chamber of stupidity. People on this forum should just stick to talking about guns. These conspiracy theories are what make people think gun owners are nut jobs.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The only time I waste is the time I spend here in the echo chamber of stupidity. People on this forum should just stick to talking about guns. These conspiracy theories are what make people think gun owners are nut jobs.

Well I’m pretty far removed from conspiracy theories. Even in this thread (I believe) I pointed out the only potential conspiracy (although not organized) is the hysteria.

Its worth noting it’s the same kind of hysteria that every stiff breeze coming from the tropics receives.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    So I guess sending those infected patients were nursing homes, resulting in thousands of deaths, was simply just a move that wasn't thought out. Ok.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I can't even begin to argue with the sheer stupidity of these statements. It's pointless to even try as it's obvious facts can't compete with conspiracy theories.

I have no clue what you're saying here. Every country that has taken social distancing and masks seriously has seen decrease in infection. The evidence of masks working is there. Other countries have flattened their curves because people came together against a common enemy and did what they had to do.

When Americans are still fighting with all of the experts because they just don't wanna wear a mask and take a global pandemic seriously, then yes, good leaders will force people to do what they asked them to do. If people continue to be foolish about it and ignore the mandates and infections continue to rise, I'm sure there will be more restrictions coming.

I guess that one sailed right over your head. If the mask is to protect others in which I might infect, the most vulnerable would be those we are trying to protect. If you are significantly vulnerable and are out in public depending on masks (improperly worn and handled) to protect you instead of avoiding most public places then that’s probably a dumb thing to do. So since you expect everyone to alter their behavior based on the stupid actions of another I 100% agreed with you. It simple really.

Top Bottom