Mask question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    All of these wimps who can't wear a simple mask would die if they had to go an hour in MOPP 4. :rofl:

Same 'operators' who strap on Kevlar, drop leg holsters, and BDU's to go to the range. :rofl:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    No no no, it's supposed to protect you from spitting on people :thumbsup:

XNzQ4Sr

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    All of these wimps who can't wear a simple mask would die if they had to go an hour in MOPP 4. :rofl:

Same 'operators' who strap on Kevlar, drop leg holsters, and BDU's to go to the range. :rofl:

Several years ago, I played football with other Marines in MOPP 4. We decided to show off for the CO after he made us drill NBC procedures. He was livid when he saw us playing tackle football. His main concern was injury as he had previously banned tackle football during organized PT.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

What the hell is a MOPP 4? Sounds like mopping the floor. I wear PCs at work for hours when we are refueling the reactor during outages. Those suck ass but do not cover your face. Ours are white not yellow. We had yellow ones in the Navy.

nizacqifyk3r8nx88.jpg

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What the hell is a MOPP 4? Sounds like mopping the floor. I wear PCs at work for hours when we are refueling the reactor during outages. Those suck ass but do not cover your face. Ours are white not yellow. We had yellow ones in the Navy.

nizacqifyk3r8nx88.jpg

That looks comfortable. Imagine that but the suit is charcoal lined and the gloves are a little thicker and you have to wear a mask and hood.

Mission Oriented Protective Posture Level 4
    https://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/cbrn/5-levels-of-mopp.shtml

US_Air_Force_%28USAF%29_personnel%2C_100th_Air_Refueling_Wing_%28ARW%29%2C_Royal_Air_Force_%28RAF%29_Mildenhall%2C_United_Kingdom_%28UK%29%2C_in_full_Mission-Oriented_Protective_Posture_response_level_4_%28MOPP-4%29_gear%2C_stop_at_a_031112-F-HL961-007.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    M-4 huh ? You're a young Sapper.:dogkeke:

No tab but yeah. Although I did start of with an M16 with a M203. But I guess they wanted to minimize any potential civilian casulties because most of the M203's got taken away after not too long and they never assigned the MK19's once we got in country. I liked the MK19. Thump thump thump thump . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . boom boom boom boom.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Straight out of the horse's mouth. Tell me again about the conspiracy theories please sir.
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCmq7BigGLV/?igshid=1hf8790n6ioxl

She later clarified what she meant.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...ion-of-deaths-related-to-coronavirus/2274862/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/cor...ois-is-over-counting-covid-19-deaths/2270810/

*There are also some additional deaths that happen in someone who happened to be COVID positive, but where the COVID infection had nothing to do with the deaths,* she said. *So we are at IDPH trying to remove those obvious cases where the COVID diagnosis was not the reason for the death. If there was a gunshot wound, if there was a motor vehicle accident, we know that that was not related to the COVID positive status.

*We are trying to make sure that things that aren’t related at all to the COVID diagnosis are removed, but if someone has another illness, like heart disease, and then had a stroke or other event, it’s not as easy to separate that and say COVID didn’t exacerbate that existing illness. That would not be removed from the count,* she added.

It's kind of like the flu deaths that people love to point out here. They do a "best educated guess" based on all of the evidence.

Last edited:

BlackWaterFish

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2018
    Metairie, LA
    After losing a few people I care about to covid, I'm wearing a mask to protect other people. One of them wasn't old either. I know other people that tested positive in the same family with nothing but a sniffle with another younger family member on a ventilator. This thing is bad because you don't know what it'll do to someone. It's a small inconvenience compared to being party to someone weezing goodbye to their family on a cell phone. Makes me look better anyway.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    She later clarified what she meant.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...ion-of-deaths-related-to-coronavirus/2274862/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/cor...ois-is-over-counting-covid-19-deaths/2270810/

It's kind of like the flu deaths that people love to point out here. They do a "best educated guess" based on all of the evidence.
    That is laughable. You have to ask yourself, why would they count it as a covid death in the first place?
    Don't forget also that there have been doctors that have stated that if the symptoms are present (fever, shortness of breath, ect), they were ordered to not even worry about testing for covid. So if someone went in with a cold, or flu and died of a gunshot wound, well obviously we need to mark that as a covid death and we'll come back and remove it later.
    Makes you wonder how many of these upstanding citizens in Chicago (and other places of course) that die by the dozens just in a weekend from having too many holes in their bodies actually died from covid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom