Mask question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    hello;

i understand we ware required to wear a mask outdoors, but are we required to wear a mask indoors?

thx for any input.

rp

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From the LA Dept of Health web page.... http://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/3940

Masks or face coverings should be worn in indoor public spaces and anytime in public when you are near others who are not in your immediate household. Wearing a mask is about protecting others. When you wear a mask, you protect others, and when others wear a mask they protect you. It’s just like holding a door open for someone: It's being kind and courteous. So continue to practice social distancing and MASK UP.

N95 masks are for healthcare workers only. While in public, you should use a mask, scarf or other face covering.

When to wear a mask/face covering

While in public, you should use a mask, scarf or other face covering.

This includes indoor spaces and outdoor spaces when you are near others who are not in your immediate household.

Those with breathing challenges or those under the age of two should not wear a mask.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Just remember unless there was a temp amendment that it is still illegal to wear any type of face covering/mask or conceal your identity in any way while concealed carrying a handgun with a CHP

WHOOP WHOOP ANOTHER POSITIVE REASON NOT TO WEAR A STUPID MASK

Last edited:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Being an older person with several of the underlying conditions that seriously compromise my immune system, I'm grateful to all that wear masks when in close proximity of me. I do the same for others.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Oh I definitely agree if you have underlining health issues or for some other reason should be wearing one where one is probably the best idea for your situation but the government should not be forcing anybody to wear a mask, A private business has a right to refuse service to anybody who doesn’t and I understand that also for along time years before Covid ever existed very sick people were going to the doctors office without a mask and the doctor had a mask on he was protected no reason for you to wear a mask if you don’t feel the need to ... you do not wear a seatbelt to protect somebody else... if the masks are so great and they work so well if you feel you need protection for your health/personal decision you wearing it should be plenty enough security and protection... as long as you practice good hygiene wash your hands don’t walk around licking doorknobs you’ll be fine... if you know anything about filters and microns and particulates those masks do nothing to stop the Covid virus molecule Which is smaller than a .2 micron .... heck if you can smell anything food or fart your mask is not doing nothing to block the COVID-19 virus .... if anything in my opinion the mask give you a false sense of security and allow you to let your guard down ... saw a study the other day 72% of the people tested positive with Covid wore a mask when they were in public

Being an older person with several of the underlying conditions that seriously compromise my immune system, I'm grateful to all that wear masks when in close proximity of me. I do the same for others.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Oh I definitely agree if you have underlining health issues or for some other reason should be wearing one where one is probably the best idea for your situation but the government should not be forcing anybody to wear a mask, A private business has a right to refuse service to anybody who doesn’t and I understand that also for along time years before Covid ever existed very sick people were going to the doctors office without a mask and the doctor had a mask on he was protected no reason for you to wear a mask if you don’t feel the need to ... you do not wear a seatbelt to protect somebody else... if the masks are so great and they work so well if you feel you need protection for your health/personal decision you wearing it should be plenty enough security and protection... as long as you practice good hygiene wash your hands don’t walk around licking doorknobs you’ll be fine... if you know anything about filters and microns and particulates those masks do nothing to stop the Covid virus molecule Which is smaller than a .2 micron .... heck if you can smell anything food or fart your mask is not doing nothing to block the COVID-19 virus .... if anything in my opinion the mask give you a false sense of security and allow you to let your guard down ... saw a study the other day 72% of the people tested positive with Covid wore a mask when they were in public
    You beat me to the fart analogy.
    But, if it helps someone sleep at night I wont judge; less stress is always better for health. At the same time, it sucks to see so many people live in fear that is manufactured to push certain agendas.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I'm in the market for one with Fangs and blood dripping off em !
    How about one like this? It does lack the blood dripping off of the fangs though. It is a predator mask for sell on Etsy.

Attachments

• il_340x270.2341514579_dtyj.jpg
      il_340x270.2341514579_dtyj.jpg
      12.4 KB · Views: 84

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Trust the WHO or don't trust them its your call. Personally I'm skeptical of anything the WHO, the CDC, and any other yahoo that gets in front of a camera or microphone says.

I'm sure its safe to say most of us have experiences other viruses, and typically before symptoms are present and once symptoms subside you aren't nearly as contagious.

Its my understanding truly asymptomatic cases haven't really had many studies done, I imagine because the difficulty of tracking sick people who don't look or feel sick.

Are you guys doing something like this?

I'm sure we are all too smart to make the mistake of touching the front.

And with the reusable mask I know you've never put it on backwards. Right?

I know I know everyone here's mask fits perfect, and no one ever pulled it down while your are eating, drinking, talking, or smoking either.

:dunno:

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Just remember unless there was a temp amendment that it is still illegal to wear any type of face covering/mask or conceal your identity in any way while concealed carrying a handgun with a CHP

WHOOP WHOOP ANOTHER POSITIVE REASON NOT TO WEAR A STUPID MASK

Can you show me that in the CHP law ? I don't see it .

Top Bottom