Mask question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have my t-shirt material face covering with elastic straps that I have been wearing in Orleans and Jefferson Parish.

Masks are not mandated by the state, but each Parish has been setting their own rules. Tangipahoa and St. Tammany don't require them yet, but some stores are beginning to make their own rules regardless of what the parish or state says. Every Barnes & Noble book store requires a mask, regardless of what town you're in. I'll keep my opinions to myself about the effectiveness of the "face coverings," since I've already said my peace in the other thread. I witnessed a lot of people doing things they shouldn't be doing while wearing the mask. Social distancing at six feet doesn't exist. People don't care with or without the mask. I watched people leave the bathroom without washing their hands.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I have my t-shirt material face covering with elastic straps that I have been wearing in Orleans and Jefferson Parish.

Masks are not mandated by the state, but each Parish has been setting their own rules. Tangipahoa and St. Tammany don't require them yet, but some stores are beginning to make their own rules regardless of what the parish or state says. Every Barnes & Noble book store requires a mask, regardless of what town you're in. I'll keep my opinions to myself about the effectiveness of the "face coverings," since I've already said my peace in the other thread. I witnessed a lot of people doing things they shouldn't be doing while wearing the mask. Social distancing at six feet doesn't exist. People don't care with or without the mask. I watched people leave the bathroom without washing their hands.

So you witnessed walking Petri dishes. It really frustrating to notice things in public. One day I’ll likely stroke out.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Can you show me that in the CHP law ? I don't see it .

Just remember unless there was a temp amendment that it is still illegal to wear any type of face covering/mask or conceal your identity in any way while concealed carrying a handgun with a CHP

WHOOP WHOOP ANOTHER POSITIVE REASON NOT TO WEAR A STUPID MASK

Please cite the appropriate parish ordinance or state statue.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Well, I guess that's one way of sterilizing you're hands, Since urine is sterile,I'll pass

- - - Updated - - -

I have to fly next week so I got one that is a skull and one with large teeth. There are hundreds on Amazon.

Thanks for the heads up!

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't know about applying specifically to CHP holders, but this one has been on the books for some time. I suppose Paragraph C.(5) would be the applicable exception...

La. R.S. §313. Wearing of masks, hoods, or other facial disguises in public places prohibited; penalty; exceptions; permit to conduct Mardi Gras festivities; wearing of hoods, masks, or disguises by sex offenders

A. No person shall use or wear in any public place of any character whatsoever, or in any open place in view thereof, a hood or mask, or anything in the nature of either, or any facial disguise of any kind or description, calculated to conceal or hide the identity of the person or to prevent his being readily recognized.

B. Whoever violates this Section shall be imprisoned for not less than six months nor more than three years.

C. Except as provided in Subsection E of this Section, this Section shall not apply:

(1) To activities of children on Halloween, to persons participating in any public parade or exhibition of an educational, religious, or historical character given by any school, church, or public governing authority, or to persons in any private residence, club, or lodge room.

(2) To persons participating in masquerade balls or entertainments, to persons participating in carnival parades or exhibitions during the period of Mardi Gras festivities, to persons participating in the parades or exhibitions of minstrel troupes, circuses, or other dramatic or amusement shows, or to promiscuous masking on Mardi Gras which are duly authorized by the governing authorities of the municipality in which they are held or by the sheriff of the parish if held outside of an incorporated municipality.

(3) To persons wearing head covering or veils pursuant to religious beliefs or customs.

(4) To persons driving or riding a motorcycle.

(5) To persons wearing a helmet or mask for medical purposes or reasons.

D. All persons having charge or control of any of the festivities set forth in Paragraph (C)(2) of this Section shall, in order to bring the persons participating therein within the exceptions contained in Paragraph (C)(2), make written application for and shall obtain in advance of the festivities from the mayor of the city, town, or village in which the festivities are to be held, or when the festivities are to be held outside of an incorporated city, town, or village, from the sheriff of the parish, a written permit to conduct the festivities. A general public proclamation by the mayor or sheriff authorizing the festivities shall be equivalent to an application and permit.

E. Every person convicted of or who pleads guilty to a sex offense specified in R.S. 24:932, is prohibited from using or wearing a hood, mask or disguise of any kind with the intent to hide, conceal or disguise his identity on or concerning Halloween, Mardi Gras, Easter, Christmas, or any other recognized holiday for which hoods, masks, or disguises are generally used.

Acts 1999, No. 1043, §1; Acts 2008, No. 400, §1; Acts 2017, No. 295, §1.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just ordered my mask. Gotzsta stay safe frum dem Vid19.

7Sm82bH.jpg

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Oh I definitely agree if you have underlining health issues or for some other reason should be wearing one where one is probably the best idea for your situation but the government should not be forcing anybody to wear a mask, A private business has a right to refuse service to anybody who doesn’t and I understand that also for along time years before Covid ever existed very sick people were going to the doctors office without a mask and the doctor had a mask on he was protected no reason for you to wear a mask if you don’t feel the need to ... you do not wear a seatbelt to protect somebody else... if the masks are so great and they work so well if you feel you need protection for your health/personal decision you wearing it should be plenty enough security and protection... as long as you practice good hygiene wash your hands don’t walk around licking doorknobs you’ll be fine... if you know anything about filters and microns and particulates those masks do nothing to stop the Covid virus molecule Which is smaller than a .2 micron .... heck if you can smell anything food or fart your mask is not doing nothing to block the COVID-19 virus .... if anything in my opinion the mask give you a false sense of security and allow you to let your guard down ... saw a study the other day 72% of the people tested positive with Covid wore a mask when they were in public

It's nice having a degreed epidemiologist on the forum. Where did you get your doctorate?

I don't know about applying specifically to CHP holders, but this one has been on the books for some time. I suppose Paragraph C.(5) would be the applicable exception...

La. R.S. §313. Wearing of masks, hoods, or other facial disguises in public places prohibited; penalty; exceptions; permit to conduct Mardi Gras festivities; wearing of hoods, masks, or disguises by sex offenders

A. No person shall use or wear in any public place of any character whatsoever, or in any open place in view thereof, a hood or mask, or anything in the nature of either, or any facial disguise of any kind or description, calculated to conceal or hide the identity of the person or to prevent his being readily recognized.

B. Whoever violates this Section shall be imprisoned for not less than six months nor more than three years.

C. Except as provided in Subsection E of this Section, this Section shall not apply:

(1) To activities of children on Halloween, to persons participating in any public parade or exhibition of an educational, religious, or historical character given by any school, church, or public governing authority, or to persons in any private residence, club, or lodge room.

(2) To persons participating in masquerade balls or entertainments, to persons participating in carnival parades or exhibitions during the period of Mardi Gras festivities, to persons participating in the parades or exhibitions of minstrel troupes, circuses, or other dramatic or amusement shows, or to promiscuous masking on Mardi Gras which are duly authorized by the governing authorities of the municipality in which they are held or by the sheriff of the parish if held outside of an incorporated municipality.

(3) To persons wearing head covering or veils pursuant to religious beliefs or customs.

D. All persons having charge or control of any of the festivities set forth in Paragraph (C)(2) of this Section shall, in order to bring the persons participating therein within the exceptions contained in Paragraph (C)(2), make written application for and shall obtain in advance of the festivities from the mayor of the city, town, or village in which the festivities are to be held, or when the festivities are to be held outside of an incorporated city, town, or village, from the sheriff of the parish, a written permit to conduct the festivities. A general public proclamation by the mayor or sheriff authorizing the festivities shall be equivalent to an application and permit.

E. Every person convicted of or who pleads guilty to a sex offense specified in R.S. 24:932, is prohibited from using or wearing a hood, mask or disguise of any kind with the intent to hide, conceal or disguise his identity on or concerning Halloween, Mardi Gras, Easter, Christmas, or any other recognized holiday for which hoods, masks, or disguises are generally used.

Gee. Almost as though those who wrote the ordinance knew there would be a plague.

I've got a heart condition. The bat flu would likely kill me dead.

If you come into my place of business without a mask, be prepared to be called out and asked to leave.
    If you can't wear your mask properly, I will let you know in a public way.

If you don't like it. Stay out.

BTW we just got in 2K rounds of 62gr 5.56. Which is more important to you? Not wearing a mask properly, or restocking your ammo cabinet.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    According to what I have read and seen on the news, a mask is to keep you from spreading the virus when you sneeze, cough, or spit while talking. It was not designed to keep you from getting it. My doctor told me last week that the current rise in younger people testing positive is due to the bars opening. People get crowded and have to talk louder. There is more moisture in their mouth due to drinking beer, and they spray more when they talk to each other.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If you come into my place of business without a mask, be prepared to be called out and asked to leave.

Good, that is your right I encourage you to exercise it. Particularly if you believe it’s effective.

I prefer to not wear one and when someone asks me to wear one or leave I decide what’s more important to me, but I’m not a cock-smoker to those people even when they are rude to me.

If you are insisting people wear them and wear them properly and practice good hygiene while in your store, then I’m much more sympathetic to your choices and respect you for it. However the overwhelming majority of my experiences have been a bunch of cock-smokers running around invading peoples personal space and telling them to wear a mask or leave all while protecting their chin and neck (instead of the mouth and nose) from COVID.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It's nice having a degreed epidemiologist on the forum. Where did you get your doctorate?

Gee. Almost as though those who wrote the ordinance knew there would be a plague.

I've got a heart condition. The bat flu would likely kill me dead.

If you don't like it. Stay out.

BTW we just got in 2K rounds of 62gr 5.56. Which is more important to you? Not wearing a mask properly, or restocking your ammo cabinet.
    2000 rounds huh? Dang.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    According to what I have read and seen on the news, a mask is to keep you from spreading the virus when you sneeze, cough, or spit while talking. It was not designed to keep you from getting it. My doctor told me last week that the current rise in younger people testing positive is due to the bars opening. People get crowded and have to talk louder. There is more moisture in their mouth due to drinking beer, and they spray more when they talk to each other.
    See, this is why everyone should drink liquor. Straight up too. Drink that virus killing ethyl alcohol and talk as loud as you want. Everybody drink up and we’ll kill this thing off in a week just watch.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I think this is the statue I looked up on the LSP WEBSITE... either I read it wrong or I read a diff one, the one I saw didn’t have about sex offenders .. I will try to look later... unless you have some valuable knowledge that you can share with us?

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Yeah, we have a small supply of masks at work. A co-worker would spend 4-hours there and then put on a mask but only cover his mouth and constantly move and remove the mask, throw it away get another. I tell him he's wasting resources but he doesn't really understand what I'm saying.
    My EX likes to drink and smoke, I told her she should have a mask with a cigarette/straw port. She is an RN, and got a laugh outta that.
    There are a lot of people improperly wearing masks without covering completely or constantly touching/adjusting/removing their mask and at one time littered parking lots with used gloves/masks/wipes etc. How many unfortunate people found out the hard way that their plumbing systems couldn't handle the unflushable-flushable wipes?
    Its like I always say getting sick and dying really gets important when its happening to me. Thanks

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCccn5RAStS/?igshid=2c9swebretvs

Who am I to say what is or is not true, believe what you wish. I tend to keep an open mind and use common sense. If it quacks like a duck...
    All I do know for sure is that we common folk are lied to on a daily basis, so that means we must use our own discernment to gather what is and is not a lie.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom