Mask question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perilloux5

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Whether it's unonstitutional or not stores can still require you to wear a mask or refuse admittance. A better question is if it's legal to not accept cash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    So, You boys in B.R. or there about's on the east side of the river.

If yalls hero J.B.Edwards orders you too wear a butt plug out in public when going about you're business....Do you plan on naming you're butt plug?

We have heard rumors out in the west and central part of the true state of Louisiana,

Where men are men and the sheep are glad of it ! What say ye?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So, You boys in B.R. or there about's on the east side of the river.

If yalls hero J.B.Edwards orders you too wear a butt plug out in public when going about you're business....Do you plan on naming you're butt plug?

We have heard rumors out in the west and central part of the true state of Louisiana,

Where men are men and the sheep are glad of it ! What say ye?

I say it’s really early to be drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    After reading all of this thread I can see it boild down to 2 concepts

Personal freedom/liberty and "the greater good"

I believe in both, to a certain degree and feel we are currently caught in an overlap.

I own a business, and I am not requiring anyone, customers or employees to wear a mask. I will not chide anyone for wearing a mask, nor will I wear a mask at work if asked. I spend quite a bit of time wearing a paint respirator and that is for my health around known airborne toxins.

However, if I am out and want to go in a business that requires a mask, then I put one on. Sure, I dont like it, and I get done what I need to do quickly so I can get the mask back off. I practice the 6 ft rule and try not to spit. Both of which are just polite things to do in any occasion. No need to be dry humping everyone I get near.

The governor's order is pure bs, the letter from the la attorney general proves that. It would certainly be an issue if the police try to enforce it in public and I hope it does not come to that. Private business has the right to refuse service so that is just something we will have to live with, and good personal judgement will be required.

As far as the "greater good" is concerned, I do not wish to bring harm to anyone, and from my viewpoint the 6ft rule and manners are my best bet. If the need arises that I be in close confines with others, less than 6 ft or a larger group, I think the masks are a good idea, not perfect but better than nothing. I have been avoiding public interaction as much as possible, while still going to work every day. No lollygagging at stores, window shopping and bar hopping for me right now. Just my personal choice, and I have no issues if others differ from me.

The lack of concrete data requires a modicum of caution, as the unknown is just as real as the known.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I believe in both, to a certain degree and feel we are currently caught in an overlap.

I own a business, and I am not requiring anyone, customers or employees to wear a mask. I will not chide anyone for wearing a mask, nor will I wear a mask at work if asked. I spend quite a bit of time wearing a paint respirator and that is for my health around known airborne toxins.

However, if I am out and want to go in a business that requires a mask, then I put one on. Sure, I dont like it, and I get done what I need to do quickly so I can get the mask back off. I practice the 6 ft rule and try not to spit. Both of which are just polite things to do in any occasion. No need to be dry humping everyone I get near.

The governor's order is pure bs, the letter from the la attorney general proves that. It would certainly be an issue if the police try to enforce it in public and I hope it does not come to that. Private business has the right to refuse service so that is just something we will have to live with, and good personal judgement will be required.

As far as the "greater good" is concerned, I do not wish to bring harm to anyone, and from my viewpoint the 6ft rule and manners are my best bet. If the need arises that I be in close confines with others, less than 6 ft or a larger group, I think the masks are a good idea, not perfect but better than nothing. I have been avoiding public interaction as much as possible, while still going to work every day. No lollygagging at stores, window shopping and bar hopping for me right now. Just my personal choice, and I have no issues if others differ from me.

The lack of concrete data requires a modicum of caution, as the unknown is just as real as the known.

The paint respirator ? Did it protect you from known toxins ?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The paint respirator ? Did it protect you from known toxins ?

Yes, it is sized to filter out the VOCs from evaporating automotive paint. It has a pair of mesh pre filters and some sort of charcoal filters as well. Worn one for years while painting. It passes the smell test for sure. Not sure if it is nbc rated, or would stop viruses. I guess I can look at the 3m tds and see what else it is good for. I can imagine it beats a cloth face mask by quite a margin. But probably not 100% filtration. Will have to see what micron level it can filter.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes, it is sized to filter out the VOCs from evaporating automotive paint. It has a pair of mesh pre filters and some sort of charcoal filters as well. Worn one for years while painting. It passes the smell test for sure. Not sure if it is nbc rated, or would stop viruses. I guess I can look at the 3m tds and see what else it is good for. I can imagine it beats a cloth face mask by quite a margin. But probably not 100% filtration. Will have to see what micron level it can filter.

Every 3M filter from N95 to P100's will filter the virus. Virus particles are small, but not as small as people think.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I actually think you are agreeing with the mandate mostly. I believe it stated masks in public places where social distancing can’t take place. You disagree with what the mandate says if businesses. I find it strange that it usually takes a good bit of time to get a ruling from the AG but this one was fairly quick and as I understand, it is similar to other republican AG rulings. The governors mandate is similar to other democrat governor mandates. The aggravating part for me personally is all of the contradicting information. The president forms a task force and then goes against his own task force causing confusion. The president is pressing all public schools to get back in the classroom but won’t say if his kid is going back. It’s all a **** show because they can’t keep politics out of it and it’s a shame for our country. I will take whatever precautions my doctor recommends because he’s not playing politics and goes off of best known practices at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I actually think you are agreeing with the mandate mostly. I believe it stated masks in public places where social distancing can’t take place. You disagree with what the mandate says if businesses. I find it strange that it usually takes a good bit of time to get a ruling from the AG but this one was fairly quick and as I understand, it is similar to other republican AG rulings. The governors mandate is similar to other democrat governor mandates. The aggravating part for me personally is all of the contradicting information. The president forms a task force and then goes against his own task force causing confusion. The president is pressing all public schools to get back in the classroom but won’t say if his kid is going back. It’s all a **** show because they can’t keep politics out of it and it’s a shame for our country. I will take whatever precautions my doctor recommends because he’s not playing politics and goes off of best known practices at the time.

How do you know?

Its all a **** show so...

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    If I have a constitutional right to not wear a mask if I don't want to in public places then I should have a right to smoke in public places if I want to. Right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Big diff, smoking was voted on and went through the house... not democratic executive order without any citizen choice or options to have a voice .soooo I would say wrong. We went through politics for the smoking ban... remember king Edwards said put politics aside for the mask....
    If I have a constitutional right to not wear a mask if I don't want to in public places then I should have a right to smoke in public places if I want to. Right?

Last edited:

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I wonder if the same thing will happen with the mask at some point. This COVID19's not going away for a long time.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I wear mine always. I also carry a baggie with about 6 or 7 extras. If I see someone without one I offer them one. So far nobody's ever turned it down.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Masks don't fill the air with smoke.

Also, smoking is bad and you should quit.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Because he’s a personal family friend

And I have my brother-in-law who's a straight shooter too. I'm so thankful for friends and family in health care who are trying to give good advice. The rest I let in one ear and out the other.

Last edited:

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Masks don't fill the air with smoke.

Also, smoking is bad and you should quit.
    Never said that I smoked. Guess people don't have a right to smoke if they want to. Doesn't matter anyway, I'll still wear the mask.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom