Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Bridgeport Hatchets/ Americana at its best.

I picked up a couple of these Bridgeport hatchets on eBay after seeing Dave Canterbury review them on his channel. I left the red one like I received it except for repairing the rubber handle that split at the bottom. I did refurbish the black hatchet and tried to get it looking like it did when it came from the factory. The handle was also loose so I fixed it with some epoxy. I also painted the bottom of the handle red like it was when it was new. I then sanded the handle and used boiled linseed oil to condition it. I’ve also been working on my leather craft and made sheaths for both of them. I did have a chance to use the red one on a camping trip in Arkansas a few weeks ago and I really liked it for preparing wood for the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Labeeman; July 10th, 2020 at 06:34 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I like good older hatchets. Not sure when these were made but they look well made. I have a couple older hatchets that will out work most made today.
    SASS #84934

Marksman

User Info Menu

Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Nice leatherwork!

Do you happen to have a link to Canterbury’s review?
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

https://youtu.be/W9unt61KSss
    Here is the link to the review video
    Of the hatchet. Thanks for the kind words.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Thanks!
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223