Fingerprinting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFraz

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Has anyone been to the State Police fingerprinting office recently? I haven’t been in years.

Just wondering if there are any new procedures/ precautions? What are wait times like recently?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Update: Thank you very much for the information. I made the mistake of going during the lunch rush yesterday, so decided to try early today. I'll update again to let you know what it was like.

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went this week for prints for an NFA application. You'll go through a checkpoint in your vehicle to check your temperature. Mask is required inside building. Limited capacity in waiting room, and there was a line to get in for concealed carry applications/background checks. I was able to bypass that line and was in and out within an hour which I thought was pretty good considering how busy they seemed to be. I went at lunch time. Check their hours before you go. Prints are digital and only took a few minutes.

jsquareo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    New Orleans
    I went about a month ago. When I got to the complex traffic is directed through an area where temperatures are taken while you're still in the car. Once that was done I made my way to the right building. I got there right at 8 when the building opened and they were already taking people in. Was in and out the building in 15 minutes. Very easy process. But I can imagine that building could get busy later in the day

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom