LASportsman Classifieds-Share: the good, a lot of the bad, and the just ridiculous

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    You're whole story smells Pardner and any Half ass hung over Lawyer or Judge would take you apart at the seems.....

Good thing you got away from the bad man before he had you for sushi....

Apparently his whole story has no smell... Wacky Backy has a distinct odor about it, and if that baggy was full of residue, you should have been able to smell it from at least two blocks away. Being dark has never effected my sense of smell. Glad you got away unscathed.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Not a LA Sportsman story, but...
    About 12(?) years ago I listed my ‘05 R1 in the Craigslist motorcycle section in 2 different areas. Stated I’d meet at particular places /schedule appt to see the bike, to be announced, yada yada. Planned the first two back to back one morning and when I got there I found that the first appt was some weak and perverted attempt at a sting operation. The guy brought at least one local cop, his girlfriend and two other dufus ass looking characters who attempted to cage me in so they could scrutinize the bike and check the vin because he thought it was his stolen bike. I did not take it well. Mostly because I’d had my wife follow me with my infant daughter in car in case the bike sold and I needed a ride. There was a huge scene, the cop threatened me twice and I wound up cussing them all at full volume after I showed the cop the title and the actual purchase agreement from Friendly Yamaha in BR. I called them every name in the book while I geared up and got back on the bike to go ride to the local police dept and file a formal complaint on Barney Fife. The goons showed up there and the cop tried to get me outside to talk but I blurted out the events of the morning to his supervisor right there in the lobby and things took a bad turn for him. Turns out, it’s not legal to just hold someone against their will while letting a civilian have their way with them or their property. Short version, cop lost his job with that dept for a few reasons other than that day and I don’t even cruise the personals on Craigslist...although it is tempting.
    I can only imagine the level of fun to expect on LA Sportsman.
    I'm glad to hear there was some form of justice served in that situation, that is certainly not cool in my opinion.
    On the flip side, Craigslist has always treated me well. I have bought a lot of tools and building materials, appliances, a utility trailer, atv's, audio equipment, ect and never had an issue.
    Last year I found 2 JL Audio Slash 1000 amps (original version), one was brand new in box and the other was used in good shape, paid $300 for the pair. Sold the new one on eBay for $700 and put the other one in my truck.
    I can't remember a single time where I've had a sketchy deal from any classified. I would say a lot of it has to do with luck but using good judgment certainly helps.

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I met two men today that both responded to an ad I had placed. One was an honorable gentleman that kept his word ad the other was not. The latter was, to my reckoning, one of those people that buy and sell for profit, but fail to get an FFL. I will add his and his son's name to my S***List of people I will never deal with again.
    Thank God for honorable men.
    It really is a roll of the dice.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Over the last 12 years, I have had a few flakes on the buying and selling end of LA Sportsman. Most of the time it happened after I stated on the tail end of a negotiation that we would do a bill of sale.
    There was one time when someone posted a Colt Python for $700, I tried to get it under the belief that maybe it was someone who did not know what he had. He did not show up after I asked him to make sure to bring any papers he had with it and be ready to do a bill of sale. He even texted every few minutes to say that he was still looking for the papers......

Strick8

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    I’ve met a lot of good guys, several i now consider friends, on LA Sportsman. But I’ve been stood up after an hour drive, had guys disappear after we’ve reached a deal and had aggressive low-ballers try to poor mouth my gun to get a good deal - only to figure out they are “flippers” who try to circumvent the law and FFL requirements.

Turns out many of the good folks on Sportsman also have accounts here on BS. I’m thankful my buddy got me on to BS, ironically enough I met him on Sportsman!

I don’t have the discipline to completely ignore Sportsman looking for a deal, but I walk away at the first sign of anything squirrelly. Most of my dealings are on BS, and I much prefer it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Same here, every guy (member) I made a deal with thru BS and met up with has been smooth and not a single hiccup.

LA Sportsman classifieds venue is good but you have to be careful/wary dealing with the general public. Public places to meet up, daylight hours, and be aware of surroundings, vehicles, and people. Least this is my MO.

Top Bottom