Statewide mask mandate begins on Monday, July 13

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I think it's going to be enforced indirectly. If you go out, it's usually with a destination. If all the destinations know they could be in trouble if they let you in without a mask, they will exercise their right to deny you service. If you enter anyway, the store will CYA by asking you to leave and calling the police on you for trespassing if you don't. So you won't get a ticket for not wearing a mask, you'll get one for trespassing. Or you'll wear a mask. Or you won't be let in anywhere.

I was just diagnosed with asthma.. Medical condition no mask....

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Try explaining that to a $10/hr store clerk

I was accosted going into academy about a month ago. So I whipped out my crappy once use mask that had been used repeatedly and put it on backwards. Manners go a long way in my book.

After that I began referring to the people designated to deny entry or accost the non-maskers, mask-nazi’s.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just left the supermarket. Mask or not, people are inconsiderate and stupid.

Don't want me to walk near you? Then don't stand in the middle of the aisle while you play on your phone.
    Don't want people to ask you to move? Don't stand in the aisle when you're trying to figure out which non-GMO organic pasta you want to buy.
    Don't want the employees to ask you to move either? Maybe you shouldn't stand in front of the shelf the employee is trying to stock while you rearrange your shopping list.
    Don't want to get told to move to the back of the line? Perhaps you should pay attention to the 24" diameter red markers on the floor that tell you where to stand.
    Don't want me to hit your car with my basket? Perhaps you should not text and drive into the curb while going down a 20 foot wide one way lane.
    "Mam, please excuse me." is what I say very loudly. When you choose to ignore me and say "HEY, CAN I PASS?" don't get upset.
    40+ year old white women plague the grocery stores. Sorry, Karen, you're not important and you make everyone's job more difficult.

I'm okay with wearing the mask. I'm not okay with stupid people.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I was accosted going into academy about a month ago. So I whipped out my crappy once use mask that had been used repeatedly and put it on backwards. Manners go a long way in my book.

After that I began referring to the people designated to deny entry or accost the non-maskers, mask-nazi’s.

I stopped at Academy in Denham Springs yesterday to see if they had any 9mm ammo. Young dude at the door mumbled something about a mask and asked if I wanted one. I said sure and he handed me one. I told him they mess up my hearings and put in in my pocket. So I have a new mask and 2 boxes of 9mm. And they are giving Vets, LEO's and such 10% discount until sometime in Sept.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs

Don't want me to walk near you? Then don't stand in the middle of the aisle while you play on your phone.
    Don't want people to ask you to move? Don't stand in the aisle when you're trying to figure out which non-GMO organic pasta you want to buy.
    Don't want the employees to ask you to move either? Maybe you shouldn't stand in front of the shelf the employee is trying to stock while you rearrange your shopping list.
    Don't want to get told to move to the back of the line? Perhaps you should pay attention to the 24" diameter red markers on the floor that tell you where to stand.
    Don't want me to hit your car with my basket? Perhaps you should not text and drive into the curb while going down a 20 foot wide one way lane.
    "Mam, please excuse me." is what I say very loudly. When you choose to ignore me and say "HEY, CAN I PASS?" don't get upset.
    40+ year old white women plague the grocery stores. Sorry, Karen, you're not important and you make everyone's job more difficult.

You need a hug?

Asking for a friend...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I stopped at Academy in Denham Springs yesterday to see if they had any 9mm ammo. Young dude at the door mumbled something about a mask and asked if I wanted one. I said sure and he handed me one. I told him they mess up my hearings and put in in my pocket. So I have a new mask and 2 boxes of 9mm. And they are giving Vets, LEO's and such 10% discount until sometime in Sept.

Nice. :rofl:

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.

OMG how true!!

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, STAY HOME.

It's really just that simple.

I have COPD. I wear a mask.

I have a heart condition. I wear a mask.

If you are lying about having a medical condition to avoid the inconvenience of wearing a mask, you are a selfish, morally compromised person.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, STAY HOME.

It's really just that simple.

I have COPD. I wear a mask.

I have a heart condition. I wear a mask.

If you are lying about having a medical condition to avoid the inconvenience of wearing a mask,

Also don't go into a business with a no firearms sign carrying concealed. If you do you are a selfish, morally compromised person.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    If you are lying about having a medical condition to avoid the inconvenience of wearing a mask, you are a selfish, morally compromised person.

Mkay... But like I said before in the other thread, if you feel this way right now, you need to keep the same mentality after all the hype and fear mongering is done with.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans

I stopped by the Academy in Gretna a few days ago on a whim. There were literally 4 guns in the display case, and almost no ammo on the shelves.

Did I miss the announcement about a zombie apocalypse or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom