Statewide mask mandate begins on Monday, July 13

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The mask mandate requires face coverings for everyone ages 8 and older except for the following:
    -Anyone who has a medical condition that prevents the wearing of a face covering
    -Anyone who is consuming a drink or food
    -Anyone who is trying to communicate with a person who is hearing impaired
    -Anyone who is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience
    -Anyone temporarily removing his or her face covering for identification purposes
    -Anyone who is a resident of a parish without a high COVID incidence that has opted out of the masking mandate

It looks like Grant, Red River and West Feliciana were allowed to opt out.

Children under the age of 8 do not have to wear a mask. However, the CDC does recommend children as young as 2-years-old should also wear a face mask. It is not recommended for those under 2.

-------------------------------------------------
    https://www.wafb.com/2020/07/11/faq-statewide-mask-mandate-begins-monday-july/
    https://www.wafb.com/2020/07/11/sou...side-customers-limit-indoor-crowds-elsewhere/

The information above came from the two WAFB articles. I think if we're going to do this, it should be done right. Why are children under 8 exempt? Aren't they the ones likely to be asymptomatic carriers? Why not require them to either wear a mask or let's just not allow kids under 8 in public areas?

Here's the proclamation:
    https://gov.louisiana.gov/assets/Proclamations/2020/89-JBE-2020.pdf

It looks like citations shall be written only to businesses and organizations. If someone goes into a business refusing to wear a mask, the business can call the police and the someone may be cited for trespassing. The proclamation is set to be in effect from July 13 to July 24.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I just came from the Racetrac where I get coffee every morning, and it looks like 9 out of 10 are not wearing masks in Tula. Pretty much only the store employees and 1 or 2 customers were wearing them.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The mask mandate requires face coverings for everyone ages 8 and older except for the following:
    -Anyone who has a medical condition that prevents the wearing of a face covering
    -Anyone who is consuming a drink or food
    -Anyone who is trying to communicate with a person who is hearing impaired
    -Anyone who is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience
    -Anyone temporarily removing his or her face covering for identification purposes
    -Anyone who is a resident of a parish without a high COVID incidence that has opted out of the masking mandate

It looks like Grant, Red River and West Feliciana were allowed to opt out.

Children under the age of 8 do not have to wear a mask. However, the CDC does recommend children as young as 2-years-old should also wear a face mask. It is not recommended for those under 2.

https://www.wafb.com/2020/07/11/faq-statewide-mask-mandate-begins-monday-july/
    https://www.wafb.com/2020/07/11/sou...side-customers-limit-indoor-crowds-elsewhere/

The information above came from the two WAFB articles. I think if we're going to do this, it should be done right. Why are children under 8 exempt? Aren't they the ones likely to be asymptomatic carriers? Why not require them to either wear a mask or let's just not allow kids under 8 in public areas?

Here's the proclamation:
    https://gov.louisiana.gov/assets/Proclamations/2020/89-JBE-2020.pdf

It looks like citations shall be written only to businesses and organizations. If someone goes into a business refusing to wear a mask, the business can call the police and the someone may be cited for trespassing. The proclamation is set to be in effect from July 13 to July 24.

It almost seems as if they want the appearance of doing something...

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    We have a virus and they want to stop the spread of bacteria. sounds like the gubment has it under control, or us under control.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    What about goggles and gloves? Positive pressure respirator? We are not doing enough. The government must mandate more! Shut it down till 2022! Third world countries don’t seem to have these problems. We must follow their lead. Even if it saves one life. The absence of freedom and choice is well worth the cost.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    ck3uegsvn47sk42baqa.png

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    At least a lot of places I shop will deliver to your car! This is total bullsh!t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Last week, I walked out of a Target in Metairie after one of their employees beat up an elderly customer after a heated argument over a mask. Other employees had to pull the guy off the old man.

It got better, I tried to go to the Harahan Walmart after that, only to see the JPSO EOD truck in front of the store! Several plain closed deputies were urgently turning cars around and telling people that the store is closed.

I wear a mask, but wonder about the insanity that can be caused by trying to enforce it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Last week, I walked out of a Target in Metairie after one of their employees beat up an elderly customer after a heated argument over a mask. Other employees had to pull the guy off the old man.

It got better, I tried to go to the Harahan Walmart after that, only to see the JPSO EOD truck in front of the store! Several plain closed deputies were urgently turning cars around and telling people that the store is closed.

I wear a mask, but wonder about the insanity that can be caused by trying to enforce it.

I think it's going to be enforced indirectly. If you go out, it's usually with a destination. If all the destinations know they could be in trouble if they let you in without a mask, they will exercise their right to deny you service. If you enter anyway, the store will CYA by asking you to leave and calling the police on you for trespassing if you don't. So you won't get a ticket for not wearing a mask, you'll get one for trespassing. Or you'll wear a mask. Or you won't be let in anywhere.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How many of you are walking away from

Made in China crap?

The only 6 volt charger I just looked at in Tractor Supply was...Made In China

I walked away, I'm not buying Jack-Diddle from China...and you?

We are frequently given packs of masks at work. Check out the bottom right corner of the package.

0imuq5y5upfng3x3yze.jpg

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Made in China crap?

Sadly with that mindset you won’t be buying much especially at TSC. When possible and logical, I buy American. Sometimes it’s specifically for higher quality. Sometimes it’s because it’s not much more so who cares. I wear Ariat boots and I cringed when I realized they are made in China, but they are better quality and fit me better anything in the sub $300.00 boot market. I will look around to see what else is out there next time I’m buying boots but I don’t expect much to change.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sadly with that mindset you won’t be buying much especially at TSC. When possible and logical, I buy American. Sometimes it’s specifically for higher quality. Sometimes it’s because it’s not much more so who cares. I wear Ariat boots and I cringed when I realized they are made in China, but they are better quality and fit me better anything in the sub $300.00 boot market. I will look around to see what else is out there next time I’m buying boots but I don’t expect much to change.

They probably ship with a dead rat in each one !

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

Made in China crap?

My wife and I try to but it can be tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom