Avoyelles Parish Advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillyL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    Houma
    Hello to everyone, I am now a new member on this forum, but have read threads on here before. I am seeking some info about duck and deer hunting in Avoyelles Parish. I am looking to buy a tract of land a few miles north of Duckhorn Ranch and Knight Oil Tool's property. My agent stated the hunting on the property I am looking at is very similar as that which is enjoyed "on the famous Duckhorn Ranch and Knight's property". Honestly, I have never heard of Duckhorn Ranch. I have heard of Knight Oil Tools the company but know nothing about their hunting property. As most of us know, many real estate agents will say anything for a chair at the closing, so I am looking for an unbiased opinion and I hope some members here can hep. Thanks in advance.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I know nothing about Duckhorn Ranch but know for a fact that the old Knight Oil property is all high fence. For him to say that the hunting will be like it is on Knight is crazy. I know there are some big deer outside the high fence. My FIL has property that butts up to Knight and there was a monster buck taken about 1/4 mile from his property this past bow season. The gravel road (we call it the log road) gets bad during hunting season when it rains. There are a lot of people that travel that road going to the reserve back there. Good luck.

Top Bottom