I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What are you trying to prove by including the negative results in those percentages?

I'm trying to provide the percentage of hospitalizations and deaths in the total number of tests.

Understanding ALL of the data is important. When someone only gives you specific results and says it is representative of ALL data, then you are being manipulated into believing a narrative.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    So it's part of a narrative that people who don't have COVID19 don't have a chance of dying or being hospitalized from COVID19?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So it's part of a narrative that people who don't have COVID19 don't have a chance of dying or being hospitalized from COVID19?

It's that there are a number of tests and only a small percentage tested positive, an even smaller percentage were hospitalized, and a minute percentage died.

I don't believe in conspiracies. I believe people will say what they want you to hear or want you to believe. If the virus is getting worse, it's strange that the numbers don't show it.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    What are you trying to prove by including the negative results in those percentages?

Your response to a statistical analysis should never be what are trying to prove. It should be what does the stats tell us. You do you but I believe you may have a blind spot on this subject.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    *Well right now they’re showing us in LaSalle Parish to have over 120 new cases, and that’s simply not true. We have, on our list, people listed two, three, four, five times, because they’ve tested positive and need a negative test to go back to work, so they keep going back and getting retested. It’s showing up positive again, and those numbers are added as new cases when they’re simply not. Nobody can show me anything that says that a mask is doing any good anyway. He issued a mandate, no disrespect to the governor, but he needs to get his people on his COVID team to start looking at real numbers.*

Sheriff Scott Franklin

This is an interesting factor to consider when questioning where numbers are coming from. In a small community where it's easier to review their own data, this was easy enough for someone to note and consider, but if you take this type of error in the reporting and extrapolate it across the country, the margin for error becomes huge. Their total number of cases (persons) is actually 72.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    *Well right now they’re showing us in LaSalle Parish to have over 120 new cases, and that’s simply not true. We have, on our list, people listed two, three, four, five times, because they’ve tested positive and need a negative test to go back to work, so they keep going back and getting retested. It’s showing up positive again, and those numbers are added as new cases when they’re simply not. Nobody can show me anything that says that a mask is doing any good anyway. He issued a mandate, no disrespect to the governor, but he needs to get his people on his COVID team to start looking at real numbers.*

Sheriff Scott Franklin

This is an interesting factor to consider when questioning where numbers are coming from. In a small community where it's easier to review their own data, this was easy enough for someone to note and consider, but if you take this type of error in the reporting and extrapolate it across the country, the margin for error becomes huge. Their total number of cases (persons) is actually 72.

It seems these so-call statistions probably lost their jobs back around November 2016 and were hired to collect healthcare statistics. Sure wish I could completely wreck my job and stay gainfully employed.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It seems these so-call statistions probably lost their jobs back around November 2016 and were hired to collect healthcare statistics. Sure wish I could completely wreck my job and stay gainfully employed.

:rofl:
    Best laugh all week, ya think they were the ones who had Killary so far ahead in the polls? Er, maybe not if they’re still around.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What I’ve been saying, the whole *put politics aside* doesn’t fly when you talking about constitutional infringements on rights... you put it aside during discussions, not communist dictator mandated orders... I hope he gets smoked on this one

https://www.wafb.com/2020/07/15/ag-jeff-landry-issues-opinion-governors-mask-mandate-closing-bars/
    You reckon Landry is making a bid to run for governor?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    :rofl:
    Best laugh all week, ya think they were the ones who had Killary so far ahead in the polls? Er, maybe not if they’re still around.
    That what I was getting at they got fired after the election because they clearly missed the boat but it looks like the health department or whoever is handling stats for Covid.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Can anybody explain to me why they are having a huge surge in covid19 cases in Iraq and other prominent Muslim country’s that already have facemask apart of there daily wardrobe? You would think they would be professionals at it right? Hmmm

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Can anybody explain to me why they are having a huge surge in covid19 cases in Iraq and other prominent Muslim country’s that already have facemask apart of there daily wardrobe? You would think they would be professionals at it right? Hmmm
    Well, it looks like goats and camels can also be carriers, so...

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Yes, there are less patients at the hospitals. Realistically, we're all going to be carriers of the virus. No one is going to be free of the virus. The good news is that most of us won't show any symptoms. I wouldn't worry about it. There are worse bacteria and viruses out there that no one talks about.

this!

RossA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Houston, Republic of Texas

Sheriff Scott Franklin

I would love to find that quote from the sheriff in a newspaper or someplace that I could share with a lot of people. If that’s happening Louisiana it’s probably happening here in Texas, too.
    Can you direct me to where I can find the sheriff quoted? Thanks

Top Bottom