What Would YOU Do? Smith 586 vs Clark Custom

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Looking for advice on what to do with this Smith & Wesson Model 10 pistol that I have. It is the blued 4" barrel with next-to-nothing sights. Just a front blade and a grove in the rear of the frame. You really have to work with it to even get it on a pie plate at 10 yards. It is probably my least fired pistol because of the inaccuracy.

S&WMod10.jpgS&WMod10 0.jpg

I really like longer barrel revolvers and have thought of purchasing a Smith & Wesson 586 to fill the bill:

S&W586.jpg

But then I think about having Clark do their SWAR conversion to my Model 10 and the result would not only be what I've been looking for but make use of my current S&W Model 10 to do the conversion. The conversion from Clark will run $800 before tax. Disregard the price in the photo below, that's if you don't provide a Smith Model 10 to start the build. Cost of a 586 (or a 686) is about the same @ $700-$800.

Clark SWAR1.jpg
    https://clarkcustomguns.com/custom-gun/revolver-custom-combat-swar-swcm/

I have a sufficient number of other pistols (and rifles) to keep me going for a long time, just have this itch to do something for fun, no plans for competition, just plinking.

So what would you do? Convert the Model 10 to a Clark SWAR, Purchase a Smith 586 or 686, sell the Model 10, etc.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom