Revolver Ammunition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I get.... then I don't. So, I see gun and ammo shortages everywhere.... which brings out the best in everybody. Gougers paradise, I see. Most of the ammo I have seen disappear is semi auto such as .380acp, 9mm, 40S&W and .45acp.
    What about revolver ammo? Specifically, .38spl? I have seen a few boxes in certain stores, along with .357mag, .44spl, .44mag and .45LC. Was it just pure luck or coincidence that I found "some" .38spl or do folks just don't shoot revolvers anymore?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I get.... then I don't. So, I see gun and ammo shortages everywhere.... which brings out the best in everybody. Gougers paradise, I see. Most of the ammo I have seen disappear is semi auto such as .380acp, 9mm, 40S&W and .45acp.
    What about revolver ammo? Specifically, .38spl? I have seen a few boxes in certain stores, along with .357mag, .44spl, .44mag and .45LC. Was it just pure luck or coincidence that I found "some" .38spl or do folks just don't shoot revolvers anymore?

Almost everyone owns semi auto pistols today with a few revolvers sprinkled in.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Its that people don't see it use on TV and Movies now a days.

Remember Dirty Harry and his S&W 44 magnum then the rookie with the Colt Pythons.

Hawaii Five O with his Chief's Special, where McGarret shot a guy up on a hill side in a hide

Electric Glide in Blue, Motor Cycle Cop with a Colt Python.

Now almost every body use a semi auto on TV/movies Good guys as well as Bad guys.

It's like poker when it was on TV every body wanted to play
    now that is not on TV like it use to be hardy any game around.

revolvers make good back up guns as a belly carry for contact use will not go out of battery if barrel/slide is press against guys body

Last edited:

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    The only .38spl /357 mag I've seen on the shelves in months has been CCI shotshells. If you found some locally, I would consider yourself lucky

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .327 Federal, .45 Long Colt, .44 Magnum, and all the other wheel gun calibers have been out of stock just like everything else. It’s an artificial panic. People are buying whatever they can to hoard or flip for a profit.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Almost everyone owns semi auto pistols today with a few revolvers sprinkled in.
    Add to that, the fact that the guns only hold 5 or 6 rounds generally, lends to people not shooting near as many rounds from revolvers. Shoot less, buy less. Simple math.
    I have a few revolvers in 44 mag and a couple of desert eagles in 44 mag. The DE only holds 2 more rounds than the revolvers, but they’ve gobbled up 10 times more ammo over the years because I can load a dozen mags and go shoot them all in short order. With a revolver, I’d be there a while and likely just wouldn’t shoot more than a box in a day. If it was a day running in a 9mm or .40 S&W I might go through 6-8 boxes easy.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Revolver shooters have to aim and think....

Semi-auto shooters are only out too bang a gong.....

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.

We Reload all our own ammo .
    I started casting bullets and reloading ammo in 1967 and for the life of me have never not had all the ammo I wanted . 2013 showed me what the future will look like ....every few years a shortage and price gouging . I started buying powder , primers and bullet moulds ... well stocked up now . After this shortage runs it course , I'll pick up more here and there but I wont be experiencing a shortage .
    Gary

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    We Reload all our own ammo .
    I started casting bullets and reloading ammo in 1967 and for the life of me have never not had all the ammo I wanted . 2013 showed me what the future will look like ....every few years a shortage and price gouging . I started buying powder , primers and bullet moulds ... well stocked up now . After this shortage runs it course , I'll pick up more here and there but I wont be experiencing a shortage .
    Gary

Got enough 44 mags to feed this baby?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...iant-belt-fed-lever-action-44-magnum-bullpup/

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I too handload, and have not curtailed my shooting at all.

I've plenty of self defense ammo as well.

After the last powder/primer shortage, I vowed never to be caught short again. I'm stocked pretty deep in components, with the ability to cast my own in almost all calibers.

Now is the time to learn how to handload, if you don't already.

Give a man a fish, vs. Teach a man to fish.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie

After the last powder/primer shortage, I vowed never to be caught short again. I'm stocked pretty deep in components, with the ability to cast my own in almost all calibers.

There are many on the left that would say "Give a man someone else's fish and he'll vote for you.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria

I no longer reload and was wondering: when ammo "shortages" happen like now, do components (esp. powder and primers) experience "shortages" also?
    Ed

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I no longer reload and was wondering: when ammo "shortages" happen like now, do components (esp. powder and primers) experience "shortages" also?
    Ed

After 2013 I saw the "handwriting on the wall " and started picking up powder and primers every time I found them . Doesn't take much money or space to stock a
    "lifetime supply" I will never run out in my lifetime .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom