CAT Tourniquets checking interest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don’t want to answer for him but I believe medical people get discounts at distributors on medical supplies like MIL and LE get them on tactical gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some do, but not all. As an example, Chinook requires you to create an account for your group or agency. They don't allow discounts for personal items.

With the amount of fakes out there, it would be nice to know where they are coming from.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Some do, but not all. As an example, Chinook requires you to create an account for your group or agency. They don't allow discounts for personal items.

With the amount of fakes out there, it would be nice to know where they are coming from.

I can understand that. Chinook is more of a tactical supplier vs a big medical distributor like I was referring to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I can understand that. Chinook is more of a tactical supplier vs a big medical distributor like I was referring to

I know what you mean. I'm just curious who the distributor is, because most of the dealers I've dealt with are like Chinook. We tried doing some group buys a while back and they wanted us to set up an account like we were an agency. We ended up going through Interstate Guns and used their 1110 Gear account.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well..
    I’ve already posted pics of the item. Maybe Sainte70 can chime in about the ones I sent him. I’m not trying to push fake tourniquets off on anybody. But I can scratch the whole thing. You guys can order through plenty of vendors at the going rate.
    Done

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Here. In case someone here with an accepted affiliation wants to try for the same discount I got. Sign up and jump through a few hoops, hope for the discount then put up your money and wait to recoup a little at a time, maybe hit the post office a few times and burn a little gas to get these distributed to those who want them. I’m sure it’ll be appreciated by many.

http://www.narescue.com/

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Well..
    I’ve already posted pics of the item. Maybe Sainte70 can chime in about the ones I sent him. I’m not trying to push fake tourniquets off on anybody. But I can scratch the whole thing. You guys can order through plenty of vendors at the going rate.
    Done
    No good deed goes unpunished. I appreciate the effort though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Here. In case someone here with an accepted affiliation wants to try for the same discount I got. Sign up and jump through a few hoops, hope for the discount then put up your money and wait to recoup a little at a time, maybe hit the post office a few times and burn a little gas to get these distributed to those who want them. I’m sure it’ll be appreciated by many.

http://www.narescue.com/

Don't pay attention to the negativity. Those who wanted this far out number the one naysayer. I'm still in for several. I'll even make a run to you and help distribute if needed. I'll do what I can to help in any way.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well..
    Done

I actually thought what you were doing was good for everyone here. I was curious what dealer/distributor you were going through, so that I could possibly do the same in the future. A lot of people won't buy tourniquets or other medical items due to the cost per unit. Getting genuine equipment at a discounted rate is good for those people. I also know there are plenty fakes. The first three photos you shared appear to be of a genuine CAT Gen 7. The fourth is a stock photo from Galls. I didn't know if those were your photos.

Don't pay attention to the negativity. Those who wanted this far out number the one naysayer. I'm still in for several. I'll even make a run to you and help distribute if needed. I'll do what I can to help in any way.

There is no negativity. I was asking for clarity.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I actually thought what you were doing was good for everyone here. I was curious what dealer/distributor you were going through, so that I could possibly do the same in the future. A lot of people won't buy tourniquets or other medical items due to the cost per unit. Getting genuine equipment at a discounted rate is good for those people. I also know there are plenty fakes. The first three photos you shared appear to be of a genuine CAT Gen 7. The fourth is a stock photo from Galls. I didn't know if those were your photos.

There is no negativity. I was asking for clarity.

I've dealt with North American in the past. They are good to go.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

Same here.

It was a tremendous offer; $1500 of his own money for a case of tourniquets to aid others he doesn’t know in blind faith is damn generous in my book.

Pity.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I'm sure Magdump will chime in again but I got a PM from him stating he isn't going forward with the order.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Had the same questions/hesitations DAVE_M, also would have been up for a few had I know it was a reputable distributor up front.

JBgleason

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    NorthShore
    It's a shame the group buy isn't happening, but no need to pay full price.

Let me chime in here for those jumping on Dave_M. I recently took a job as the Director, Medical Programs at a large tactical equipment manufacturing company. I am a retired Special Operations Medic and have been in the private medical industry for over ten years now. I know the inventor / designer of the CAT and the upper management at North American Rescue. My company has a top sales tier distribution account with NAR.

We pay more than $15 per CAT and we buy them in much larger quantities than a case at a time.

There are tons of fakes out there and I am aware of large agencies that have been duped and spent thousands buying what turned out to be counterfeits. So someone being careful is just prudent. You can't tell squat from pictures. The counterfeits LOOK perfect, it is only when you hold them in your hand that you realize the materials are crap and that the device will fail under real world application pressures.

I have significant misgivings regarding the original post. Not saying he didn't find some amazing source for those tourniquets but I would be surprised, and mighty pissed, if I find out some individual is buying them from NAR for less than I can get them for. His quick jump to anger, reluctance to reveal his source and then him cancelling the order gives me a pause.

If he wants to get back on here and explain his source and the pricing structure, I will gladly settle my doubts. But, as of now, I am calling BS on this offer of CAT Gen 7 new tourniquets from the manufacturer at a SHIPPED price of $15 each.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Let me chime in here for those jumping on Dave_M. I recently took a job as the Director, Medical Programs at a large tactical equipment manufacturing company. I am a retired Special Operations Medic and have been in the private medical industry for over ten years now. I know the inventor / designer of the CAT and the upper management at North American Rescue. My company has a top sales tier distribution account with NAR.

We pay more than $15 per CAT and we buy them in much larger quantities than a case at a time.

There are tons of fakes out there and I am aware of large agencies that have been duped and spent thousands buying what turned out to be counterfeits. So someone being careful is just prudent. You can't tell squat from pictures. The counterfeits LOOK perfect, it is only when you hold them in your hand that you realize the materials are crap and that the device will fail under real world application pressures.

I have significant misgivings regarding the original post. Not saying he didn't find some amazing source for those tourniquets but I would be surprised, and mighty pissed, if I find out some individual is buying them from NAR for less than I can get them for. His quick jump to anger, reluctance to reveal his source and then him cancelling the order gives me a pause.

If he wants to get back on here and explain his source and the pricing structure, I will gladly settle my doubts. But, as of now, I am calling BS on this offer of CAT Gen 7 new tourniquets from the manufacturer at a SHIPPED price of $15 each.

$15 shipped is an awesome price if they are real. As you said, I can't tell if one is real until I have one in my hand or know that where it came from is a trustworthy source. When we did our group buy through a dealer, we paid base dealer cost at $26.00 each for Gen 7's. I still have the price sheet in my emails. The training blue Gen 7 lists as $31.00. Granted, that's base dealer cost from 1110 Gear for a retail store. 1110 Gear still has to acquire them from NAR, so the price is slightly higher than if you had a way to get them direct from NAR, but I can't imagine it being $11 less per unit.

Top Bottom