CAT Tourniquets checking interest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hell, after looking at the Chinook website, I wish we could do a group buy on medical kits!

They are proud of some of them too!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hey Gleason, I posted the North America site for anyone who may want to try to follow through. I got mine through my job of 32 years. The only member here I remember selling a few is Saint70. I shipped them to him weeks ago. He should be able to tell a fake from the real deal, and he should be able to tell you what he paid me for them. I could give a rat’s ass what anyone here thinks about where they came from as I’m not a business and I’m not asking for reviews on my products or my practices. I also could care less what you believe or what you want to profess regarding something I was trying to do for a few good folks here. You know what you can do with your misgivings. Tough luck about being mighty pissed. You’ve assumed I had a quick jump to anger have you? Consider looking a gift horse in the mouth from now on. Why on earth would you expect that I should divulge all the particulars about how I’m able to procure something to satisfy anyone here? I posted pics with the freaking tag on the product. Anybody who has misgivings can decide against a purchase or ignore the thread altogether. I’m not in the habit of kissing asses me Gleason. If you think I should offer you favors and kiss your ass while I do the favor, I just have to turn my back on you. So there is is.

Truthfully, I think you directed your post at those ‘jumping’ but you called me out, so you got my response.

Last edited:

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I bought a few of these tourniquets from Magdump and, they are same exact ones we were issued by my department.

He is a good dude and is trying to help others out with these vital pieces of kit. I can’t believe anyone would question that.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hey Gleason, I posted the North America site for anyone who may want to try to follow through. I got mine through my job of 32 years. The only member here I remember selling a few is Saint70. I shipped them to him weeks ago. He should be able to tell a fake from the real deal, and he should be able to tell you what he paid me for them. I could give a rat’s ass what anyone here thinks about where they came from as I’m not a business and I’m not asking for reviews on my products or my practices. I also could care less what you believe or what you want to profess regarding something I was trying to do for a few good folks here. You know what you can do with your misgivings. Tough luck about being mighty pissed. You’ve assumed I had a quick jump to anger have you? Consider looking a gift horse in the mouth from now on. Why on earth would you expect that I should divulge all the particulars about how I’m able to procure something to satisfy anyone here? I posted pics with the freaking tag on the product. Anybody who has misgivings can decide against a purchase or ignore the thread altogether. I’m not in the habit of kissing asses me Gleason. If you think I should offer you favors and kiss your ass while I do the favor, I just have to turn my back on you. So there is is.

Truthfully, I think you directed your post at those ‘jumping’ but you called me out, so you got my response.

I think you missed the point, entirely.

The internet is plagued with fakes that look real. People were/are questioning the validity of the product because the cost is so incredibly low that it raised a red flag.

Take a step back: Would you buy medical equipment that exists solely to save a life that has a potential to be fake and sub-par? I'd hope not - I would hope that you would research it and make sure what you are getting is legit. I'm hopeful that you did exactly that before buying these TQs. Now it's everyone else's turn to do their same homework before buying the same device from you.

No one is questioning you or your character, we are questioning the validity of a product that is so often faked, where a fake will likely cause or contribute to a loss of life.

We all appreciate you wanting to help everyone out, but getting ultra defensive when questioned on where the product came from is a major red flag.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I bought a few of these tourniquets from Magdump and, they are same exact ones we were issued by my department.

He is a good dude and is trying to help others out with these vital pieces of kit. I can’t believe anyone would question that.

He's saying he can source the items at 60% of the going price. Other versions at that price point are frequently fakes. This isn't a pair of tennis shoes. Why would they not question it? If you're ever hurt and required a tourniquet to keep you alive, wouldn't you hope the person who supplied that tourniquet made sure it was legit and would hold up when needed? Or would you not worry about it since it came from "a good dude"?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    He's saying he can source the items at 60% of the going price. Other versions at that price point are frequently fakes. This isn't a pair of tennis shoes. Why would they not question it? If you're ever hurt and required a tourniquet to keep you alive, wouldn't you hope the person who supplied that tourniquet made sure it was legit and would hold up when needed? Or would you not worry about it since it came from "a good dude"?

That's my point. If someone sold me a "brand new" Glock 19 for $100 bucks, I would question whether it was either stolen or a knock-off. I wouldn't want to make it go 'bang' until I validated that it wasn't stolen and wasn't a fake.

The same is true for medical equipment. Due to how important it is that trauma equipment works, I would only buy equipment from a vetted supplier...and then I would further inspect it to make sure there wasn't a mishap and that the equipment is good to go.

It's similar to not carrying a pistol until more than 1000 rounds have gone through it without any problems.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For heaven's sake; are they real or fake?
    :p

Kind of all that matters now.

I do have a serious question though. Why would any layperson need more than two of these (1 for practice, 1 for the real deal, and then both if needed)? How many casualties are some of you guys expecting in your planned Armageddon scenario's?

If you bought 5, would you carry all 5 around with you; or are the extras going to be Christmas gifts for those certain someone's who you just know are going to get shot out of the blue, or just likely to tear open their arteries in a bicycling accident?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For heaven's sake; are they real or fake?
    :p

Kind of all that matters now.

I do have a serious question though. Why would any layperson need more than two of these (1 for practice, 1 for the real deal, and then both if needed)? How many casualties are some of you guys expecting in your planned Armageddon scenario's?

If you bought 5, would you carry all 5 around with you; or are the extras going to be Christmas gifts for those certain someone's who you just know are going to get shot out of the blue, or just likely to tear open their arteries in a bicycling accident?

Work car
    Personal car
    Go bag
    Range bag

Having one stashed in a location that may not be around all of the other locations is much easier that moving it from place to place.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Work car
    Personal car
    Go bag
    Range bag

Having one stashed in a location that may not be around all of the other locations is much easier that moving it from place to place.

I have two in my vehicle, three in my range bag, one on my person, two in a kit at home, and one by my workbench.

I also keep fire extinguishers, because bleeding isn’t the only thing that can happen.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think you missed the point, entirely.

The internet is plagued with fakes that look real. People were/are questioning the validity of the product because the cost is so incredibly low that it raised a red flag.

Take a step back: Would you buy medical equipment that exists solely to save a life that has a potential to be fake and sub-par? I'd hope not - I would hope that you would research it and make sure what you are getting is legit. I'm hopeful that you did exactly that before buying these TQs. Now it's everyone else's turn to do their same homework before buying the same device from you.

No one is questioning you or your character, we are questioning the validity of a product that is so often faked, where a fake will likely cause or contribute to a loss of life.

We all appreciate you wanting to help everyone out, but getting ultra defensive when questioned on where the product came from is a major red flag.
    Don’t worry about it. Won’t ever happen again.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh Jesus Christ. Here we go. The ass burn is so real it is coming through the computer screen.
    since we all know you and trust you with your 18 posts and since you’re such an authority on all that comes across the webz, let’s just buy your load of crap instead of anything I’m trying to sneak in on these poor unsuspecting folks here. I’m so ass burned that I can’t unload all these fake tourniquets over here. I don’t know how I’m gonna survive now.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    since we all know you and trust you with your 18 posts and since you’re such an authority on all that comes across the webz, let’s just buy your load of crap instead of anything I’m trying to sneak in on these poor unsuspecting folks here. I’m so ass burned that I can’t unload all these fake tourniquets over here. I don’t know how I’m gonna survive now.

Ah, so they are fake. Well that solves the dilemma.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Thanks for standing up Saint. Glad you and your crew will appreciate those you got and I hope you never need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so they are fake. Well that solves the dilemma.
    Whatever works for you.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks for standing up Saint. Glad you and your crew will appreciate those you got and I hope you never need them.

Were you doing this to help people or was this a test to see who would blindly trust an anonymous person who they've likely never met and who is using a pseudonym so as to remain anonymous? The length of time someone has been on here and the number of posts they have do not automatically translate into trust. You and I are both included in that assessment. And you're offering a product designed to mean the difference between life and death. If your goal is to help people and the deal is legit, why the secrecy? If the goal is to make yourself more popular, you're selfish.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Were you doing this to help people or was this a test to see who would blindly trust an anonymous person who they've likely never met and who is using a pseudonym so as to remain anonymous? The length of time someone has been on here and the number of posts they have do not automatically translate into trust. You and I are both included in that assessment. And you're offering a product designed to mean the difference between life and death. If your goal is to help people and the deal is legit, why the secrecy? If the goal is to make yourself more popular, you're selfish.
    Man you dug deep on that one. I gotta give you some credit there. It seems this is not the place to try to do anything decent for anyone. More popular? I almost choked on that laugh. That’s rich.
    Truth is, I already sold off the excess that I had, closed the thread but it’s out there. The response was so strong that I thought I’d offer. You can’t believe how sorry I am that I offered. Secrecy? I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t freely discuss a discount that I’m afforded even if I felt comfortable discussing it, so no amount of bashing is gonna get that done. If you think I owe you any explanation as to how I’m able to procure anything at a lower price, you are sadly mistaken. Next time someone here calls you a liar I will monitor your responses closely and see how you handle it. All in all, I feel like somebody didn’t want me to come through with what I intended and that’s fine with me. I’ll save myself the trouble from here on and next time I decide I might offer anything of the sort I’ll know not to do it on open forum, or perhaps not at all, seeing as I’m already being treated as if I’ve passed off fake merchandise to the masses.
    Thanks for all the PM’s guys, and I agree. Apologies.
    I have nothing more to say about the matter.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...-CAT-Combat-Tourniquets-15-shipped&highlight=

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Man you dug deep on that one. I gotta give you some credit there. It seems this is not the place to try to do anything decent for anyone. More popular? I almost choked on that laugh. That’s rich.
    Truth is, I already sold off the excess that I had, closed the thread but it’s out there. The response was so strong that I thought I’d offer. You can’t believe how sorry I am that I offered. Secrecy? I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t freely discuss a discount that I’m afforded even if I felt comfortable discussing it, so no amount of bashing is gonna get that done. If you think I owe you any explanation as to how I’m able to procure anything at a lower price, you are sadly mistaken. Next time someone here calls you a liar I will monitor your responses closely and see how you handle it. All in all, I feel like somebody didn’t want me to come through with what I intended and that’s fine with me. I’ll save myself the trouble from here on and next time I decide I might offer anything of the sort I’ll know not to do it on open forum, or perhaps not at all, seeing as I’m already being treated as if I’ve passed off fake merchandise to the masses.
    Thanks for all the PM’s guys, and I agree. Apologies.
    I have nothing more to say about the matter.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...-CAT-Combat-Tourniquets-15-shipped&highlight=
    Look at it from an outsiders view. Someone tries to sell a very commonly faked product at a price that's 45 percent under market. Then that person gets upset that people want to determine if the product is fake or not. How does that look?

You can play the pity party all you want, but you could have easily made this not sketchy... Unless you're doing something under the table that's sketchy.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom