CAT Tourniquets checking interest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Man you dug deep on that one. I gotta give you some credit there. It seems this is not the place to try to do anything decent for anyone. More popular? I almost choked on that laugh. That’s rich.
    Truth is, I already sold off the excess that I had, closed the thread but it’s out there. The response was so strong that I thought I’d offer. You can’t believe how sorry I am that I offered. Secrecy? I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t freely discuss a discount that I’m afforded even if I felt comfortable discussing it, so no amount of bashing is gonna get that done. If you think I owe you any explanation as to how I’m able to procure anything at a lower price, you are sadly mistaken. Next time someone here calls you a liar I will monitor your responses closely and see how you handle it. All in all, I feel like somebody didn’t want me to come through with what I intended and that’s fine with me. I’ll save myself the trouble from here on and next time I decide I might offer anything of the sort I’ll know not to do it on open forum, or perhaps not at all, seeing as I’m already being treated as if I’ve passed off fake merchandise to the masses.
    Thanks for all the PM’s guys, and I agree. Apologies.
    I have nothing more to say about the matter.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...-CAT-Combat-Tourniquets-15-shipped&highlight=

Do you find it unreasonable for people to want to ensure the items meant to save lives are coming from a reputable source?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Work car
    Personal car
    Go bag
    Range bag

Having one stashed in a location that may not be around all of the other locations is much easier that moving it from place to place.

Ok. Now, here is the real question and issue I have with getting these. Having these in a go bag, or car, or whatever; without knowing how to properly use them seems silly to me (unless if you are bleeding out and a passerby just so happens to know how to use them, but doesn't have one on him, and you have the strength or are conscious enough to say, "hey man, use mine. It's in my glove box").

I personally, have never been around a person that was in need of a tourniquet, or never seen any accident in my entire life (over 57 years), where a tourniquet was deployed; and I have seen some crazy **** in my days. That said, with my personal proximity to danger ie Hunting (high in trees), dirt work (tractor), tree cutting (chainsaws), recreational shooting, daring to drive among distracted drivers, and other industrial activities, etc.; I can see the practicality of having these at least as part of a basic medical kit. But, I would need and want to be educated on their use. So, where does a layperson search to learn these basic procedures from skilled veteran medical people?

Oh, and I need some viles of injectable anesthetic for my medical kit. I am not Rambo, if I have to actually sew myself or cauterize my wound, I want the real deal; doctorate or not!

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok. Now, here is the real question and issue I have with getting these. Having these in a go bag, or car, or whatever; without knowing how to properly use them seems silly to me (unless if you are bleeding out and a passerby just so happens to know how to use them, but doesn't have one on him, and you have the strength or are conscious enough to say, "hey man, use mine. It's in my glove box").

I personally, have never been around a person that was in need of a tourniquet, or never seen any accident in my entire life (over 57 years), where a tourniquet was deployed; and I have seen some crazy **** in my days. That said, with my personal proximity to danger ie Hunting (high in trees), dirt work (tractor), tree cutting (chainsaws), recreational shooting, daring to drive among distracted drivers, and other industrial activities, etc.; I can see the practicality of having these at least as part of a basic medical kit. But, I would need and want to be educated on their use. So, where does a layperson search to learn these basic procedures from skilled veteran medical people?

Oh, and I need some viles of injectable anesthetic for my medical kit. I am not Rambo, if I have to actually sew myself or cauterize my wound, I want the real deal; doctorate or not!

Try the Red Cross.

https://www.redcross.org/take-a-cla...=hidden&isCourse=true&storedistance=undefined

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here'a another option, but I don't believe they're doing any training right now due to covid.

https://www.stopthebleed.org/

Now, if we can convince Magdump that some of us will take his word for the quality of the tourniquets; maybe we can get him to try this again! I am sold!

BUYERS NOTE: If any of you don't want to take the guy at face value at this point, then just do what is your Right as an American; opt out! Without all of the BS that is! ;)

The Key Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    I hope Magdump changes his mind. I would like 4 but if I need to order 5 that's good. This is the same brand we are issued at work.
    As other people have posted personal vehicle, wife's vehicle, range bag and one to keep on person off duty can't hurt.
    As someone posted earlier mark one as a practice tourniquet or not to brag I bought a practice tourniquet.
    We train once a year with them and I had an instructor come over to the house and he trained several family members for some BBQ of course.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I’d like to get in on this if there’s any renewed interest. As a police officer, I’ve personally saved 3 people lives / or limbs with these cat tourniquets. I’m looking for more for my personal supply. My POV if I come across wrecks or some form of trauma.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I’m a paramedic with over twenty years of experience on ambulances in EBR and personally seen have A LOT of trauma. I’ve treated a lot of trauma. I’m a TECC instructor.

Bless your hearts.

If anyone wants training for their purchases let me know.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’d considered trying to handle this through PM’s so I don’t have to deal with the same crap as before but it’s just not a priority for me at the moment. At least I know there’s enough interest that if I do order another lot I doubt I’ll be stuck with any extras. I had zero complaints from the members that I shared with the first go round but people are so certain I’m trying to pass off fake tourniquets or that I can’t possibly be getting them cheaper than they can or I’m just doing it to be popular etc, etc, that I blew it off. Sometimes the world just won’t let you do a good turn. I have a list of those interested. No promises.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If you can purchase mass quantities direct from NAR by setting up an account through your workplace, that would have been a good way to lead off and prevent confusion on the legitimacy of a life saving device. I think it’s a good thing you’re trying to help. Fakes exist and there was limited information so I was skeptical. Now I’m not.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I’d considered trying to handle this through PM’s so I don’t have to deal with the same crap as before but it’s just not a priority for me at the moment. At least I know there’s enough interest that if I do order another lot I doubt I’ll be stuck with any extras. I had zero complaints from the members that I shared with the first go round but people are so certain I’m trying to pass off fake tourniquets or that I can’t possibly be getting them cheaper than they can or I’m just doing it to be popular etc, etc, that I blew it off. Sometimes the world just won’t let you do a good turn. I have a list of those interested. No promises.

Remember, no good deed goes unpunished

T-Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Albany, Louisiana
    I’m a paramedic with over twenty years of experience on ambulances in EBR and personally seen have A LOT of trauma. I’ve treated a lot of trauma. I’m a TECC instructor.

Bless your hearts.

Dave

Would be interested in some good trauma medical training. Do you have anything scheduled?

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Bless your hearts.

Dave

pm’d

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom