Sights for Shadow Systems RMR slide

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    What sights are y'all running on your RMR pistols?
    One of the selling points of the shadow systems slides is that you are supposed to be able to use normal height sights for a lower 1/3 Cowitness. I don't have a sight tool to test it but just looking at it, doesn't appear to be the case and I haven't added the sealing plate yet as I'm waiting for it to come in the mail.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    So I've narrowed my selection down to either the Ameriglo suppressor height 3 dot tritium, or the TruGlo tritium pro.
    Anyone have any comments on either of these?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So I've narrowed my selection down to either the Ameriglo suppressor height 3 dot tritium, or the TruGlo tritium pro.
    Anyone have any comments on either of these?

I would take Trijicon or Ameriglo over TruGlo. Trijicon owns Ameriglo and supplies the Tritium inserts for both brands.
    Ameriglo sights normally sell for slightly less than Trijicon.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I would take Trijicon or Ameriglo over TruGlo. Trijicon owns Ameriglo and supplies the Tritium inserts for both brands.
    Ameriglo sights normally sell for slightly less than Trijicon.
    X4, didn't know that, good information. Thanks Mr James.
    I keep getting conflicting information on if I can use regular height sights or if I will need suppressor height.
    I emailed shadow systems and I'm waiting for a response, they took about a week to reply last time as I'm sure they are quite busy like the rest of the gun industry right now.
    So, it appears that the oem sights would basically be flush with the bottom of the RMR. I'm looking for roughly a 1/3 Cowitness. If anyone can answer with which sights will give me the correct height, it would be appreciated.
    7e9919e792145b5d86c91364cc4e4edb.jpg
    c6a98290b91fe228245b16f71babc719.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The Dawson website will tell you what height you need according to what RDS you use.
    A .395 rear and .405 front is one of many listed.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ended up going with Shadow Systems fighting sights. They were designed for their slides, so I knew they would be correct height.
    3948374b4f314c7e5bf0d60ace1fb269.jpg
    904108503df534d5c1720d5b18d1aca6.jpg

Glad you found some that work out.

Dawson sights are generally too tall for RDS guns. Ameriglo GL-429 is the most common set people use.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Glad you found some that work out.

Dawson sights are generally too tall for RDS guns. Ameriglo GL-429 is the most common set people use.
    Thanks Dave.
    My final 2 choices came down to the Ameriglo GL329 and the shadow systems. I actually was leaning towards the GL329 because I wanted a 3 dot system but, I did not know for sure how tall they would end up being. Shadow systems says their slides have a deeper than average RMR cut and I didn't want to chance the sights ending up in the center of the optic window.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thanks Dave.
    My final 2 choices came down to the Ameriglo GL329 and the shadow systems. I actually was leaning towards the GL329 because I wanted a 3 dot system but, I did not know for sure how tall they would end up being. Shadow systems says their slides have a deeper than average RMR cut and I didn't want to chance the sights ending up in the center of the optic window.

Yea that's the misconception most people have. They believe the sights should be in the center of the window and that the dot should cowitness perfectly with the sights, when in actuality that's not the case. So long as you have a usable sight picture at the bottom of the window, you are fine. You don't want to obscure the window any more than you have to.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom