Beginner Air Rifle - Backyard Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JGP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    I'm looking for something my son and i can do in the backyard.. target shooting, and possibly small game, armadillos, etc.

I live in a subdivision, but my backyard backs up to an empty wooded area. So, I'd like something powerful, but not too loud.

At first, I was looking at the Gamo Swarm Fusion or Magnum. After doing some research, they do not appear to get good reviews. I also came across http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/

Anyone have any recommendations and/or experience with either Gamo or the Chinese knockoffs?

Thanks in advance!

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I have a Benjamin Trial Nitro Piston 2 that I snagged off of Midway for $99 a while back. Got ride of the plastic tube scope it came with, but it's pretty quiet and I can shoot quarter-sized groups with it at about 30 yards. I am not an expert with these things though.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I have a Benjamin Trial Nitro Piston 2 that I snagged off of Midway for $99 a while back. Got ride of the plastic tube scope it came with, but it's pretty quiet and I can shoot quarter-sized groups with it at about 30 yards. I am not an expert with these things though.

I’m in the same boat and have the same air rifle. I can tell you I like the piston over a “springer” as I think it’s way more accurate. I mostly use mine to teach my son to shoot a scoped rifle and for fun at the camp. Also another must have is one of those loader pellet pens but I can’t recall the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    His first BB gun should be a Red Ryder. It's tradition. I still have mine. Beyond that, love the idea of one from the CMP...

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I've always use an old Remington bolt action that is tube fed. Mine has a 24" barrel(the longer the better). Just shoot .22CB's. You will be surprised how quiet it is. It produces 1/4 the sound of a pellet gun. Out to 30 yards you can shoot quarter inch holes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom