Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    That was an issue with Gen 2 magazines. IIRC, Gen 3's include them for people that believe the feed lips will explode. I've had Gen 3 PMAG's fully loaded for years. No cracked feed lips yet.
    I had 1 Magpul 308 mag that had a split feed lip but Magpul made it good - CS guy said it happens infrequently.
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." Luke 11:21
    "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword [weapon], sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, they’re not just dust covers. They seem to make contact with the first round and may take some pressure off the feed lips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is why I want them, I have been loading every mag I got since all the chaos started!
    God Bless the USA!!
    If guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns!!
    Support your 2nd Amendment rights, buy plenty of guns and ammo while you can!

I'm NOT the award winning AK guru we all love and adore, I'm just plain ole Bam Bam, maybe #2 Bam Bam, but definitely not #1bambam!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    People still use dust covers?!?
    I do if I keep them loaded for extended periods of time, keeps pressure off of the feed lips, pushes top round down 1/8” or so and keeps stress off of the feedlips which is about the only week spot that I have found on them... I personally haven’t had any crack but there’s a lot of videos of them cracking from having been loaded for a few years or so