Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

AR Handguard identification

Does anyone know what handguard this is?

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

They are cheap Chinese made handguards readily available on Ali Express, Alibaba, and Wish websites for about $20-40.

User Info Menu

Thank you DAV_M!

A guy up on gunbroker, not saying his name, is trying to sell a stock Aero Precision M4E1 enhanced Rifle.

Here is one of the messages I got from him: "Hi. This is complete stock Aero Precision build. I added the case and sight from on-hand stock. Specifications for the rifle can be fixed here: https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e...-223-wylde-mid"

But after getting more pictures of the rifle and doing some research I am able to tell that statement is a load of schiff. Along with the handguard, the upper isn't even an Aero upper! I'm thinking he's just combining a complete Aero Lower with CHEAP Upper assemble parts and trying to pass it off as an Aero hoping someone wont have go threw the trouble of reporting it to gunbroker and paying to ship it back.

dice application

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I'm thinking you have a scammer on you're hands !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

sheepdog

User Info Menu

It’s an aero lower but not a factory rifle

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That is most certainly not a factory Aero Precision rifle.

That is a bottom of the barrel budget gun someone slapped together. I wouldn't trust the rifle or the seller.

User Info Menu

I knew something was fishy from the get go. His description on Gunbroker threw red flags for me. The only reason I even entertained the idea of buying this gun was for the M4E1 Enhanced upper that was supposedly on it. But after receiving the pictures and seeing thats not the case, I'm not wasting my money on a cheap AR. Oh well guess I'm just going to have to wait till Aero restocks the M4E1 Enhanced uppers to play around with one.
    Last edited by WolfScythe; July 18th, 2020 at 12:03 PM.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WolfScythe View Post
    I knew something was fishy from the get go. His description on Gunbroker threw red flags for me. The only reason I even entertained the idea of buying this gun was for the M4E1 Enhanced upper that was supposedly on it. But after receiving the pictures and seeing thats not the case, I'm not wasting my money on a cheap AR. Oh well guess I'm just going to have to wait till Aero restocks the M4E1 Enhanced uppers to play around with one.
    Not only is it NOT a M4E1 upper, it's not even made by Aero.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Not only is it NOT a M4E1 upper, it's not even made by Aero.
    Wrong finish(crappy one at that), wrong style, and no T marks. Probably got that off Wish.com too.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WolfScythe View Post
    Wrong finish(crappy one at that), wrong style, and no T marks. Probably got that off Wish.com too.
    Unless you see an Aero M4E1 compatible handguard and a forward assist with sharp angles, it's not an M4E1.

The barrel nut assembly on the M4E1 is proprietary and the barrel nut itself threads into the inside of the upper. With that upper, you're stuck using Aero handguards.

Last edited by DAVE_M; July 18th, 2020 at 02:08 PM.