AR Handguard identification

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WolfScythe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2020
    Lafayette, La
    Does anyone know what handguard this is?
    Abqlstr
    Abqlstr

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They are cheap Chinese made handguards readily available on Ali Express, Alibaba, and Wish websites for about $20-40.

12-inch-MLOK-handguard-Free-Float-Super-Slim-ar-15-Handguard-Quad-Rail-for-M4-M16.jpg

HTB1dwPMaojrK1RkHFNRq6ySvpXa6.jpg

HLB1oxGzUCzqK1RjSZPxq6A4tVXa5.jpg

WolfScythe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2020
    Lafayette, La
    Thank you DAV_M!

A guy up on gunbroker, not saying his name, is trying to sell a stock Aero Precision M4E1 enhanced Rifle.

Here is one of the messages I got from him: "[FONT=&quot]Hi. This is complete stock Aero Precision build. I added the case and sight from on-hand stock. Specifications for the rifle can be fixed here: [/FONT]https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-complete-rifle-16in-223-wylde-mid"

But after getting more pictures of the rifle and doing some research I am able to tell that statement is a load of schiff. Along with the handguard, the upper isn't even an Aero upper! I'm thinking he's just combining a complete Aero Lower with CHEAP Upper assemble parts and trying to pass it off as an Aero hoping someone wont have go threw the trouble of reporting it to gunbroker and paying to ship it back.

dice application

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That is most certainly not a factory Aero Precision rifle.

That is a bottom of the barrel budget gun someone slapped together. I wouldn't trust the rifle or the seller.

WolfScythe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2020
    Lafayette, La
    I knew something was fishy from the get go. His description on Gunbroker threw red flags for me. The only reason I even entertained the idea of buying this gun was for the M4E1 Enhanced upper that was supposedly on it. But after receiving the pictures and seeing thats not the case, I'm not wasting my money on a cheap AR. Oh well guess I'm just going to have to wait till Aero restocks the M4E1 Enhanced uppers to play around with one.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I knew something was fishy from the get go. His description on Gunbroker threw red flags for me. The only reason I even entertained the idea of buying this gun was for the M4E1 Enhanced upper that was supposedly on it. But after receiving the pictures and seeing thats not the case, I'm not wasting my money on a cheap AR. Oh well guess I'm just going to have to wait till Aero restocks the M4E1 Enhanced uppers to play around with one.

Not only is it NOT a M4E1 upper, it's not even made by Aero.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Wrong finish(crappy one at that), wrong style, and no T marks. Probably got that off Wish.com too.

Unless you see an Aero M4E1 compatible handguard and a forward assist with sharp angles, it's not an M4E1.

APAR600251M%20AR15%20M4E1%20Upper%20Receiver%20and%20Handguard%20Combo%202.jpg

The barrel nut assembly on the M4E1 is proprietary and the barrel nut itself threads into the inside of the upper. With that upper, you're stuck using Aero handguards.

aprh100153c-m4e1-barrel-nut.jpg

Last edited:

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Why not mention his name? Why be diplomatic or gentlemanly to a criminal? Courtesy and respect are earned; names and reputation are the whole reason we have a feedback and rating system. Blast his ass, in the interest of helping the less knowledgeable or budding gun enthusiasts that he is attempting to prey upon.
    If you see a rattlesnake on a preschool playground, you just don't walk past or keep quiet about it, making it the next unsuspecting child's problem; you dispatch it in the interest of others. These POS rely upon etiquette and threats of slander/ libel liability to function. It isn't libelous if it is true. Now dispatch that predator! If he is a victim himself, he will ID who scammed him and seek proper recourse; you are not helping him if you don't point it out. Otherwise, he will just scam another, less shrewd, buyer.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Bunch of Chinese rails that you can get on eBay if you don’t want to wait for Alibaba.

I think radical firearms uses the same/similar rail recently

WhiteHawk

Future Armorer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I never cared for my m-locks i would change them out if they weren’t budget builds, damn things hold heat and i have to sit at the range longer to let them cool.

Top Bottom