105 grain bayou Bullets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgoochman

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Metairie, La.
    Hey guys! Got my hands on a bunch of 105 grain Bayou bullets. Wondering if anyone has used them and have any good load data for them. Running a JP with 14.5” barrel. Currently using 4 grains auto comp and works really well but is very dirty, and have no idea where I’m at as far as power factor. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I’ve been using the BB 9mm 105 gr for some time now. Pushing it with 4.6 grains of WST. Everything running through those guns comes out dirty. Since they are a blow-back action, all the dirt comes back into the upper. Keep it lubed and it will run and wear gloves when you clean it.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    I have the JP 14.5" as well. I've been running 125gr Blue bullets with 3.5 of titegroup. It's been a while since I chronod, but if I remember right it was right at 137PF. I finally ran out of my Blue bullets and my last order is right at 6 weeks with no word of delivery.

I picked up some 145gr Bayou bullets from Bryan last week. Loaded them the same at 3.5gr of titegroup. I am going to chrono Saturday to see where I'm at on the PF.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    A blow back action lets a lot of crud get in the works . You need to find a bullet that is heavy enough to drive up the press and make a complete burn before the action opens .
    My best combo is a 124 grain bullet and just enough HP38 / W231 to cycle the action .
    Accurate Arms #2 and Titegroup might be other powders to try .
    It's a delicate balance between enough powder to cycle the action and no more with a burning rate that is fast enough so most of the powder burns and burns cleanly .
    Good luck ...you will find a load with some testing .
    Gary

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom