Civil war documentary

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    I recently watched an excellent documentary about the Civil War. It is called "Civil War 360" and can be found on the Smithsonian TV site which can be sound on many cable or streaming TV systems.

It is hosted in thee parts by Ashley Judd, Trace Adkins and Dennis Haysbert. It is very accurate, discusses may historical artifacts, and is impressive. The thing that is striking is the fact all of the hosts had family who were in the Civil War. It is thought provoking, allows us to see who we are as Americans, where we came from and how we got here. It emphasizes why it is so important to remember all aspects of that war, it's impact on Americans and to learn from our past and not hide it nor tear it down.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I have seen it and agree that it does tell the story of the Civil War from a more personal point of view, but I think that it still leaned entirely toward it being about slavery and completely ignored all other reasons of the time that were just as if not more important. As usual. Wars are never single issue.

Ashley Judd... really? You would think she might have learned something from her heritage or at least the experience of hosting and having it told. Proof that you can’t fix stupid in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom