leaving nfa item with dealer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    If I need to leave an NFA item with a dealer, is there any paperwork that is needed? Or because it's a dealer, it would be alright?

Generally the dealer should give you an inspection and repair letter to sign and he should also want a copy of your form. Dealers have no special rights and if found to have NFA items in their possession that are not registered to the dealer then they need to be able to explain why it could face regulatory and criminal consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Generally the dealer should give you an inspection and repair letter to sign and he should also want a copy of your form. Dealers have no special rights and if found to have NFA items in their possession that are not registered to the dealer then they need to be able to explain why it could face regulatory and criminal consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a barrel cut and threaded. It was asked I bring in the can so he can verify there are no issues when he's done. No work will be done on the can itself. I guess the inspection part of the inspection and repair letter would cover that.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm having a barrel cut and threaded. It was asked I bring in the can so he can verify there are no issues when he's done. No work will be done on the can itself. I guess the inspection part of the inspection and repair letter would cover that.

If he's using the suppressor and an alignment rod, that takes all of a minute to do and there should be no reason to leave the silencer with him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom