Join BayouShooter For Free

CS

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

leaving nfa item with dealer?

If I need to leave an NFA item with a dealer, is there any paperwork that is needed? Or because it's a dealer, it would be alright?

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    If I need to leave an NFA item with a dealer, is there any paperwork that is needed? Or because it's a dealer, it would be alright?
    Generally the dealer should give you an inspection and repair letter to sign and he should also want a copy of your form. Dealers have no special rights and if found to have NFA items in their possession that are not registered to the dealer then they need to be able to explain why it could face regulatory and criminal consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meplat Group, LLC
    Louisiana's #1 Silencer Dealer
    Phone 504-5.56-2000
    By Appointment Only

Buy online at our website!
    Click here for our Facebook Page
    Click here to email us

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meplatgroup View Post
    Generally the dealer should give you an inspection and repair letter to sign and he should also want a copy of your form. Dealers have no special rights and if found to have NFA items in their possession that are not registered to the dealer then they need to be able to explain why it could face regulatory and criminal consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm having a barrel cut and threaded. It was asked I bring in the can so he can verify there are no issues when he's done. No work will be done on the can itself. I guess the inspection part of the inspection and repair letter would cover that.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

The FFL is required to have a copy of your tax stamp on file, and to enter it into his/her A&D Book. The can is a firearm.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I'm having a barrel cut and threaded. It was asked I bring in the can so he can verify there are no issues when he's done. No work will be done on the can itself. I guess the inspection part of the inspection and repair letter would cover that.
    If he's using the suppressor and an alignment rod, that takes all of a minute to do and there should be no reason to leave the silencer with him.