Gonzales Gun show== did you go??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I went and brought my wife so she could experience her first gun show. She asked if it was always that BAD. Haha

Worst show I’ve ever been to at Lamar. It wasn’t just the chaos and feeding frenzy, but the majority of what was displayed and selling were AR’s.

The line wrapped 3/4 around the building, but wasn’t too bad of a wait. Maybe 30 minutes. These are kinda like going to the movies...by the time you get inside and get something to drink and a snack, you’ve spent $30!

Likely will be my last one for a while...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Sounds as if they have gone downhill quite a bit since the last one I attended 10 years ago.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Sounds as if they have gone downhill quite a bit since the last one I attended 10 years ago.

Yes they definitely have! It’s been probably about 8 years for me back when my $hit talking compadre Steve Campbel was still with us! Haha

JBP55, It’s just lost that magic...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Yes they definitely have! It’s been probably about 8 years for me back when my $hit talking compadre Steve Campbel was still with us! Haha

JBP55, It’s just lost that magic...

I agree and I miss visiting Steve at his part time job after he retired from LSP.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I haven't been to a gun show in 5 yrs or more . They were pretty lame back then as well . Not like the Centroplex back in the 80's .

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I haven't been to a gun show in 5 yrs or more . They were pretty lame back then as well . Not like the Centroplex back in the 80's .

The Centroplex and the one at the Bellemont Hotel on Airline Hwy. both had great shows back then.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I say there should be virtual gun shows. Why not? Most seem to just want to *show* their overpriced guns and gray goods anyway. It’s been that way for many years. I did get some good pickled eggs and spaghetti sauce from one a few years back.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I say there should be virtual gun shows. Why not? Most seem to just want to *show* their overpriced guns and gray goods anyway. It’s been that way for many years. I did get some good pickled eggs and spaghetti sauce from one a few years back.

Some how I think that idea is already taken. Every been to the classified section here?:rofl:

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Man it was bad. Better than the last one but at $9 to get it it was still about $8 too much. Definitely more tables than last time but still not much. When my lazy butt can show up late, walk the whole show, look at everything, have three conversations and still make it out before dinner, it’s slim.

There was one neat pistol tho. Saw an SIS Kimber 5in for $850. Unless the insides were utterly shagged that seems like a smoking deal. Probably woulda jumped on it if I didn’t already have a 5in SIS rail.

The knife guy was there again and he’s always good for shooting the breeze, same with wade the CCW guy, but most everyone else was just kinda -meh-. The solvent trap table was kinda funny, with big signs saying DO NOT TOUCH, which of course means every swinging dingle in the joint was smearing their booger-hooks all over it.

Y’all hit it- bunch of folks peddling grossly overpriced stuff that won’t sell wherever they came from and they don’t wanna list online, likely. Ammo? What Ammo? Meaux had the only 300BO I saw and it was about double what it should be - but normal given the current situation I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The Centroplex and the one at the Bellemont Hotel on Airline Hwy. both had great shows back then.

Yea the old shows at the Centroplex(I still call it that too) and Belmont were awesome. Always a nice mixture of a little bit of everything.

is the Sig Forum still going? I forgot about that spot! Ha

Glittergungirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2019
    Zachary, LA
    I went and brought my wife so she could experience her first gun show. She asked if it was always that BAD. Haha

Worst show I’ve ever been to at Lamar. It wasn’t just the chaos and feeding frenzy, but the majority of what was displayed and selling were AR’s.

The line wrapped 3/4 around the building, but wasn’t too bad of a wait. Maybe 30 minutes. These are kinda like going to the movies...by the time you get inside and get something to drink and a snack, you’ve spent $30!

Likely will be my last one for a while...

Oooof!! My husband wanted to take me. I'm very glad we decided to not go.

Top Bottom