Shot Dead

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    And the truth is somewhere between the versions reported. I hate it when they report a "witness version" that is up to their armpits in having a slanted version of what really happened. Effin' left wing media.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Here's what really happened according to American Up:

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanUP1776/videos/666431823945124

Black Lives Matter protesters blocked the streets. A car was trying to get through.
    One of the BLM protesters, Garrett Foster, fired five shots at the vehicle with an AK47. He missed every shot.
    The driver fired back three times. Killing him.

Self defense in my point of view.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Black Lives Matter protesters blocked the streets. A car was trying to get through.
    One of the BLM protesters, Garrett Foster, fired five shots at the vehicle with an AK47. He missed every shot.

And he didn't hit anything,anyone,nada, zip?

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    And he didn't hit anything,anyone,nada, zip?

Reminds me of the other day that I went shooting at the range and there was this guy next to me on the right lane. Not to be stereotypical, but he looked like a typical "thug." He rapid fired his Hi Point and emptied the whole mag in less than 10 seconds to a target that was only about 7 yards away. Not a single bullet hit the target, so I believe that some of these BLM guys can't aim at all.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Reminds me of the other day that I went shooting at the range and there was this guy next to me on the right lane. Not to be stereotypical, but he looked like a typical "thug." He rapid fired his Hi Point and emptied the whole mag in less than 10 seconds to a target that was only about 7 yards away. Not a single bullet hit the target, so I believe that some of these BLM guys can't aim at all.
    Well,I'm guessing that's a good thing, lol

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

The first 5 gunshots were from the driver's handgun to the person carrying the AK47. The 3 gunshots afterwards were from someone licensed with a CHP who was not the victim and opened fire on the car as it drove away. Both the driver and the person who returned fire were taken into custody by police and released. No rounds were fired from the AK47 from any report I can find and you would think if the victim did fire from the rifle it would be reported by every news agency, not just a few conspiracy theorist websites that could "tell from the sound that it was an AK47". It would also be clear as day to everyone that it was in fact self defense.

The official report from the driver was that the victim aimed his AK47 at him and so he opened fire with his handgun. There are conflicting reports if that is true or not. That's the unknown in the story to whether or not the driver was justified in his shot. There is one website I found that has a blown up picture showing the victim pointing the rifle at the car but can't figure out what video that picture came from - https://patch.com/texas/downtownaustin/famous-last-words. From other images taken of him that day, the picture does match the victim, the hat is the same, the mask is the same, the face kind of looks the same but it's hard to tell.

Either way, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You're in Texas, you have a rifle in your hands, and you're approaching a vehicle that's surrounded by protesters smashing on the windows pissed off that you're in their way. Of course the person inside is fearing for his life and it being Texas he's probably armed.

Austin’s police chief, Brian Manley, told reporters on Sunday that as the motorist turned, a crowd of protesters surrounded the vehicle, and some struck the car. The driver, whose name has not been released, then opened fire from inside the car as Mr. Foster approached. Another person in the crowd pulled out a handgun and shot at the vehicle as it sped away.

Minutes after the shooting, the driver called 911 and said he had been involved in a shooting and had driven away from the scene, Chief Manley said. The caller told dispatchers he had shot someone who had approached the driver’s window and pointed a rifle at him.

*His account is that Mr. Foster pointed the weapon directly at him and he fired his handgun at Mr. Foster,* the chief said of the driver.

Both the driver and the other person who fired a weapon were detained and interviewed by detectives. Both had state-issued handgun licenses and have been released as the investigation continues, Chief Manley said.

The shooting stunned a capital city where demonstrations and marches are a proud and commonplace tradition. A GoFundMe page to help Mr. Foster’s relatives with his funeral expenses had already raised nearly $100,000 by Sunday evening.

And while Mayor Steve Adler and other officials expressed their condolences on Sunday, at least one police leader criticized Mr. Foster.

On Twitter, Kenneth Casaday, the president of the Austin police officers’ union, retweeted a video clip of Mr. Foster explaining to Mr. Garcia, the independent journalist, why he brought his rifle. In the clip, Mr. Foster is heard using curse words to talk about *all the people that hate us,* but are too afraid to *stop and actually do anything about it.*

In his tweet, Mr. Casaday wrote: *This is the guy that lost his life last night. He was looking for confrontation and he found it.*

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    The first 5 gunshots were from the driver's handgun to the person carrying the AK47. The 3 gunshots afterwards were from someone licensed with a CHP who was not the victim and opened fire on the car as it drove away. Both the driver and the person who returned fire were taken into custody by police and released. No rounds were fired from the AK47 from any report I can find and you would think if the victim did fire from the rifle it would be reported by every news agency, not just a few conspiracy theorist websites that could "tell from the sound that it was an AK47". It would also be clear as day to everyone that it was in fact self defense.

The official report from the driver was that the victim aimed his AK47 at him and so he opened fire with his handgun. There are conflicting reports if that is true or not. That's the unknown in the story to whether or not the driver was justified in his shot. There is one website I found that has a blown up picture showing the victim pointing the rifle at the car but can't figure out what video that picture came from - https://patch.com/texas/downtownaustin/famous-last-words. From other images taken of him that day, the picture does match the victim, the hat is the same, the mask is the same, the face kind of looks the same but it's hard to tell.

Either way, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You're in Texas, you have a rifle in your hands, and you're approaching a vehicle that's surrounded by protesters smashing on the windows pissed off that you're in their way. Of course the person inside is fearing for his life and it being Texas he's probably armed.

Good research.. I was to the same conclusion that the driver may have truly been scared, the same crowd in days past had proven to be violent towards drivers and cops did not get permission to stop the road blocking even though they were saying it was not authorized. I question why the ak guy ran towards the vehicle in the first place , he seemingly had other responsibilities and had been active in the protesting for weeks according to most sources..
    I know they released both parties , believe the driver was actually arrest and not just detained..

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    So it was like the Scene in the Movie Falling Down? I love that movie?
    One thing I am sure of, he will never point his AK-47 at anything or anyone again.

Simple logic, yet accurate.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I understand the police detaining the driver and also letting him go . I definitely understand detaining the person who tried to murder the driver who was driving away but for the life of me I don't understand why he is not still in jail.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    I understand the police detaining the driver and also letting him go . I definitely understand detaining the person who tried to murder the driver who was driving away but for the life of me I don't understand why he is not still in jail.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I have the same question about the shooter shooting at a car that is driving away? I thought that was a no go for a self-defense shoot?

Top Bottom