Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

NEW Nighttime Hunting Law's 2020

Bang,Bang You nighttime hunters are in luck !!!

http://www.thelouisianaweekend.com/n...vate-property/
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So, possibly silly question, been years since I hunted....

Does this mean I would have to notify SO if I was going to night hunt on my own property, or just on someone else's?

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

The difference is that you can now hunt them year round. You still have to notify the SO that you are hunting at night and acquire a permit.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Doesn't mention anything about a 'permit' only notifing the SO

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    https://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/subhome/outlaw-quadrupeds

individuals must also have a permit (see below) for nighttime take of these animals from September 1 through the last day of February.
    The new Act signed by Edwards: http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDo...aspx?d=1181908

It was amended to say that you should notify the SO 24 hours prior or immediately upon taking the animal and to allow hunting year round.

to allow nighttime hunting of outlaw quadrupeds, nutria, and beaver on
    4 private property at any time of the year; and to provide for related matters

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    All we do is notify the SO and LDWF...Never been checked on the way out,

Who knows if the warden is having a slow night he could perhaps come check us out,We legal though !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

So the only thing that changed was the wording? Notify the 24hr hotline vs call 24hrs prior. I've been hunting hogs at nite during deer season for years, with the state issued permit of course.

On Target

User Info Menu

Acquiring a permit for year round night hunting on private property is nothing new. It was always just a pain in the ass
    Guns have only two enemies: rust & politicians

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG]

No permit required. Must contact SO.