Mayor Cantrell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    What a piece of ..... stuff. That is the nicest thing i can say about that tax cheat that is running(ruining) the city. She has no thought process of what her "rules" are doing to the persons whom own businesses in the quarter and in the city in general. I would love to see all the business owners in the quarter pack their st!t and move to the suburbs. Once there is nothing to do in the quarter, tourists will stop coming to NOLA and instead go to the "new" quarter, just outside of her claws. Protesters are allowed to go anywhere, do anything, but lets make sure businesses fail. This city hasn't been "great" for a long time, and she is doing everything in her power to keep it that way.

If she really cared about the good people of NOLA, she would suggest that those who are concerned about the virus stay home, and let the rest of us go to work, and re-start our economy before it's too late.

If the "citizens" of NOLA want her as their mayor, they deserve to get just what she is dishing out. The rest of us have the choice of staying out of the city, and/or not spending another dime there.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    What a piece of ..... stuff. That is the nicest thing i can say about that tax cheat that is running(ruining) the city. She has no thought process of what her "rules" are doing to the persons whom own businesses in the quarter and in the city in general. I would love to see all the business owners in the quarter pack their st!t and move to the suburbs. Once there is nothing to do in the quarter, tourists will stop coming to NOLA and instead go to the "new" quarter, just outside of her claws. Protesters are allowed to go anywhere, do anything, but lets make sure businesses fail. This city hasn't been "great" for a long time, and she is doing everything in her power to keep it that way.

If she really cared about the good people of NOLA, she would suggest that those who are concerned about the virus stay home, and let the rest of us go to work, and re-start our economy before it's too late.

If the "citizens" of NOLA want her as their mayor, they deserve to get just what she is dishing out. The rest of us have the choice of staying out of the city, and/or not spending another dime there.

Demorats!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Large clubs and bars throughout the city did not limit capacity and did nothing to limit the size of gatherings outside their doors. I drive through the city every day while I am working. I saw too many crowds at these places. At some point I was wondering if the Armistice was signed last weekend! It does bother me that many of the small bars were in compliance, but will now suffer for the acts of the large clubs including those located in Treme along the interstate.
    I even saw a task force of NOPD breaking up a very large gathering under the interstate overpass that involved a party bus(not currently allowed by the Mayor), two individuals cooking from large grills towed by extended cab trucks, and a Treme club. The Mayor had little choice but to lower the boom after the very places that have been involved in the spread of the virus ignored the mandates.
    I agree that the protests contributed to the spread of COVID-19 and should not have been allowed, but that is over and we need to move on.
    I did not vote for her, but she is providing much better leadership than Crooked Landrieu(did not vote for him either) ever could.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I did not vote for her, but she is providing much better leadership than Crooked Landrieu(did not vote for him either) ever could.

NOLA hasn't had successful leadership in a long time, so the bar isn't set very high. Just wait, that turd of a mayor will begin to stink as bad as the turds before her.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If the alcohol deliveries and ups, fed ex etc would not deliver for two days the quarter would die. The parking tickets alone should be reason enough for this to happen to prove a point. I had may years of personal experience with the ticket scam in the chocolate city. (Armpit of America)

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    If the alcohol deliveries and ups, fed ex etc would not deliver for two days the quarter would die. The parking tickets alone should be reason enough for this to happen to prove a point. I had may years of personal experience with the ticket scam in the chocolate city. (Armpit of America)

Armpit of Amerika? Where does that leave Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, Baltimore, Austin, Detroit, St Louis, New York, and the entire state of New Jersey?
    Let me know if I left anyone out!
    We did have a few protests down here, but there were no riots.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Armpit of Amerika? Where does that leave Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, Baltimore, Austin, Detroit, St Louis, New York, and the entire state of New Jersey?
    Let me know if I left anyone out!
    We did have a few protests down here, but there were no riots.
    Riots have nothing to do with New Orleans being a total $sit hole city. It’s a FN cesspool, has been for decades. Some may think it’s a utopian Mecca. More power to y’all. From my personal experiences there is a total FN $hit hole.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Riots have nothing to do with New Orleans being a total $sit hole city. It’s a FN cesspool, has been for decades. Some may think it’s a utopian Mecca. More power to y’all. From my personal experiences there is a total FN $hit hole.

Does that include Uptown, Lakeview, West End, Gentilly, Irish Channel, and Mid-City?
    How about English Turn or Old Algiers?
    Pretty high property values for a *$h$t hole!*

By the way, what does FN stand for?
    New Orleans is not home to FN USA’s factory or distribution center.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    I don't believe NOLA will fare any better than any other Democrat controlled city in the US in the near future. Things will continue to spiral downward as the Democratic city leaders destroy the ability for downtown business to survive this crisis. Attractions will be forced to move to the suburbs where there is safety for tourists, and less of a tax burden on those who earn a living owning/working for tourism related businesses. Jefferson, St. Bernard, and St. Tammany could, and should try to attract tourism to their parishes. I do realize there is no other French Quarter, and that is a big draw for tourism, but if the other parishes got the hotel and restaurant dollars it would put a major hurting on the city's coffers AND on LaTaxCheat Canttell's chances for reelection.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Does that include Uptown, Lakeview, West End, Gentilly, Irish Channel, and Mid-City?

Take your pick. Anywhere within Orleans parish is a $**** hole. By the way FN stands for ****in&.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I don't believe NOLA will fare any better than any other Democrat controlled city in the US in the near future. Things will continue to spiral downward as the Democratic city leaders destroy the ability for downtown business to survive this crisis. Attractions will be forced to move to the suburbs where there is safety for tourists, and less of a tax burden on those who earn a living owning/working for tourism related businesses. Jefferson, St. Bernard, and St. Tammany could, and should try to attract tourism to their parishes. I do realize there is no other French Quarter, and that is a big draw for tourism, but if the other parishes got the hotel and restaurant dollars it would put a major hurting on the city's coffers AND on LaTaxCheat Canttell's chances for reelection.

Yes, she is a tax cheat. I understand your point.
    I took a drive through the Quarter Sunday and noticed that many of the restaurants were open and filled to the 50% capacity. Oceana Grill and Acme Oyster even had lines outside the door. There were beers and drinks sold to dinners. My point is that the French Quarter is still hanging on and doing business.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    O
    Take your pick. Anywhere within Orleans parish is a $**** hole. By the way FN stands for ****in&.

You sound like someone who has never been to New Orleans and watches too much news. Either that, or you just hate New Orleans.
    You are taking the same narrow minded prismatic view of New Orleans that Liberals take on
    the AR-15. *On no, another mass shooting with that weapon of war, the AR-15!* *That’s all the AR-15 is good for. All we see on the news about that terrible $hit rifle is all the people killed by it.*
    By your standards, every town in America is a $hithole!

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma

Definitely includes Gnetilly, Irish Channel, Mid-City, and Algiers. The others are ok except for random property crime, slow emergency response, and ridiculously high taxes and utilities.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    O
    Definitely includes Gnetilly, Irish Channel, Mid-City, and Algiers. The others are ok except for random property crime, slow emergency response, and ridiculously high taxes and utilities.

Where is Gnetilly?
    I said Old Algiers, not the crappy part that I am sure that you are very familiar with.
    Houses in my part of Mid-City have recently sold for as much as $500,000. That’s a lot of money for a house that in a $hit hole right?
    Have you seen the Irish Channel lately? I bet you could not afford a house there, but I am sure you could afford a house in East New Orleans.

Are you going to tell me that Houma is a wonderful place to live?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

What branch of the service were you in?
    Have you ever been deployed to a $hit hole for 6-12 months?
    I don’t think most Americans know what a $hit hole really is.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    When I was a teenager in the 60's New Orleans was the place to go, Pontchartrain beach, West end restaurants, Bourbon street jazz clubs, Pat O's,picnics on Lakeshore drive, etc. Even 10 years ago my wife and I would rent a hotel room for the weekend and wander the streets. We gave it up, Bourbon street is a mere shadow of it former self, Pontchartrain beach is gone, West End looks like a disaster area. I avoid NO at all costs now.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    O

Where is Gnetilly?
    I said Old Algiers, not the crappy part that I am sure that you are very familiar with.
    Houses in my part of Mid-City have recently sold for as much as $500,000. That’s a lot of money for a house that in a $hit hole right?
    Have you seen the Irish Channel lately? I bet you could not afford a house there, but I am sure you could afford a house in East New Orleans.

Are you going to tell me that Houma is a wonderful place to live?

Wow...you're taking his dislike of New Orleans kinda personal. Someone doesn't like your city so you resort to insulting them?

BTW, Gnetilly is Gentilly misspelled. But I think you knew that. I think you just wanted to feel morally superior by pointing out his spelling mistake. You must feel so proud of yourself.

What branch of the service were you in?

Army

Have you ever been deployed to a $hit hole for 6-12 months?

Yes

I don’t think most Americans know what a $hit hole really is.

That's not relevant. I've acidentally rubbed my eyes at a crawfish boil before. I've also been pepper sprayed in the eyes. The pepper spray burns worse. Much worse. But that doesn't mean the crawfish boil felt good. It still burned. So just because there are worse places does not force New Orleans to be a good place.

BTW, I lived in New Orleans for quite a while. I lived in several areas of New Orleans. I worked in New Orleans for quite a while. My work put me in every part of the city at one time or another. Some parts of New Orleans are nice. Some parts are s#it holes. Not the worst s#it holes I've seen but s#it holes nonetheless.

Hey, I'll give you your own box of crayons to eat if you point out the intentional spelling mistake I made.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If the thread is about Cantrell, then let it be a shining example of how tribalism kills democracy! If this is all you have to choose from, then you are going backwards before you even start the campaign.

The top three vote getters all had baggage or some type of alleged impropriety BEFORE they even registered to run. Add to that the auto black vote for black candidates, and there you go!

I also lived in New Orleans for many decades! I can promise, if you visit Drew Brees' house, catch a buzz, get disoriented, and walk 3 blocks in the wrong direction; you'll probably be killed!

Mayoral primary, October 14
    Mayor of New Orleans election results
    Democratic LaToya Cantrell 32,025 39.00%
    Democratic Desiree M. Charbonnet 25,028 30.48%
    Democratic Michael Bagneris 15,405 18.76%
    Democratic Troy Henry 5,270 6.42%
    Democratic Tommie A. Vassel 1,120 1.36%
    Independent Hashim Walters 462 0.56%
    Democratic Thomas Albert Jr. 456 0.56%
    Independent Edward "Ed" Bruski 450 0.55%
    Democratic Frank Scurlock 385 0.47%
    Nonpartisan "Manny Chevrolet" Bruno 264 0.32%