"If an MP5 and an AR had a baby"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I don't know about you but I kind of like it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDKTQkJJl3X/?igshid=31okwnygu5ib

@QTRC10 QC5 Side Charger Receiver Set, Barrel and BCG
    @MaximDefense Gen6 CQB Brace and Pistol Buffer
    @HecklerandKoch MP5SD Handguard
    @BattleArms BAD-ASS-PRO Ambi Safety
    @CMCTriggers Combat Curved Trigger (CCT)
    @Scalarworks PEAK Fixed Sights
    @KCI_USA 30rd and 20rd MP5 Mags
    @PMC_Ammo purchased from @RainierArms

HQpgmi5.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    So figure he has about 1500 in the build minus mags and ammo. Maybe more, I checked qc10 site for prices and some of the stuff he mentioned is not listed.

This is a blowback 9mm ar that uses mp5 mags. I don't see issues with using mp5 mags, as they are generally well made, including the KCI ones he listed. Ets mags are another story, I avoid them like the plague.

Problem is, you can get a mp5 clone around the same price. And it has the benefit of actually being a mp5 clone, rather than an ar9 that takes mp5 mags. Even the clones hold their value, and they shoot a lot smoother than any ar9 that I have tried.

Ar9s should be less expensive, due to being simple blowback. Using a new frontier c5 lower and a foxtrot mike side charging upper would yield a much less expensive option. The 350 dollar brace is a bit pricey, pretty sure there are option cheaper than that. And most rails should accommodate the sd front handgaurd with slight mods. Not sure I would waste my time with that though. Would be less than 1k, though I am not sure it really has any benefits over the way cheaper ap9 from extar...

Now, using the cmmg banshee guts would be cool, not sure if that bolt will work with mp5 mags, it works with colt/uzi mags which are also double feed design like the mp5 mags.

I was thinking of building an upper with the banshee bolt/barrel and trying it out on a colt/uzi lower. I do have glock mag fed ar 9 lowers, but prefer uzi mags for obvious reasons, loading, metal, etc. And I think they look better, subjective, I know.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    So figure he has about 1500 in the build minus mags and ammo. Maybe more, I checked qc10 site for prices and some of the stuff he mentioned is not listed.

This is a blowback 9mm ar that uses mp5 mags. I don't see issues with using mp5 mags, as they are generally well made, including the KCI ones he listed. Ets mags are another story, I avoid them like the plague.

Problem is, you can get a mp5 clone around the same price. And it has the benefit of actually being a mp5 clone, rather than an ar9 that takes mp5 mags. Even the clones hold their value, and they shoot a lot smoother than any ar9 that I have tried.

Ar9s should be less expensive, due to being simple blowback. Using a new frontier c5 lower and a foxtrot mike side charging upper would yield a much less expensive option. The 350 dollar brace is a bit pricey, pretty sure there are option cheaper than that. And most rails should accommodate the sd front handgaurd with slight mods. Not sure I would waste my time with that though. Would be less than 1k, though I am not sure it really has any benefits over the way cheaper ap9 from extar...

Now, using the cmmg banshee guts would be cool, not sure if that bolt will work with mp5 mags, it works with colt/uzi mags which are also double feed design like the mp5 mags.

I was thinking of building an upper with the banshee bolt/barrel and trying it out on a colt/uzi lower. I do have glock mag fed ar 9 lowers, but prefer uzi mags for obvious reasons, loading, metal, etc. And I think they look better, subjective, I know.

I bought a an uzi lower for 9mm blowback and a few mags and never did build it out after finding a deal on a clone.. lol
    I may eventually build it out, but i really like the clones more.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I bought a an uzi lower for 9mm blowback and a few mags and never did build it out after finding a deal on a clone.. lol
    I may eventually build it out, but i really like the clones more.

So true, the mp5 clones are a lot of fun to shoot. Properly balanced blowback ar9 shoot ok, but there is a ton of weight banging around. I wonder if the 390 dollar foxtrot mike side charging 9mm upper would work with your uzi lower?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I am told they will. I think the alignment and fitment are ok. It's the ergonomics and with a blow back each time you change projectile weights or charge you notice cycling change .. suppressed it's more evident . I have not personally experienced this but I don't shoot a blowback regularly. I don't have any myself .

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom