Fuddlore: Tales of the Fudd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So far, today alone, I have heard and read of fudds saying that:

You can shoot someone in Louisiana for stealing your property.
    That your car is an extension of your home so you can shoot someone messing with your car.
    That you can shoot trespassers on your property.

I know you local shop owners/workers get to hear lots of fuddlore, so I'm curious what good tales have come across your counter lately.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    One that sticks out from a delayed sale today...."oh I got delayed becUz I wUz buying trying to buy a pIsTol, not a hunting shotgun or a rifle"....His rationale was that because if it would have been for hunting he would have been able to leave with it the day of.

He also mentioned that him and his wife got into a argument when he got to the domestic violence question on the 4473.

I couldn't help but think of this picture:

EBac9pGXoAISZ-2.jpg

I cant make this up.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You can’t drive around with a loaded gun.

You can’t carry a sidearm while hunting. (WMA’s YMMV)

If they are outside shoot them and drag them inside.

Say main you got any dem stencil-mags. (Derp not fudd)

I think I’m wandering off topic.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I never buy guns from stores because the government tracks them in a defacto registry. Even though it’s illegal and impractical the monkey on the other end of the NICS call are part of a government conspiracy to log your purchase.

Long winded but I think this is more in line with what you were looking for.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I was visiting with a friend in Baton Rouge last week and we stopped by 3 different gun shops. For the umpteenth time, I overheard a customer at one of these shops try to tell a first time buyer, *If you pull it, you better use it!*

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I was visiting with a friend in Baton Rouge last week and we stopped by 3 different gun shops. For the umpteenth time, I overheard a customer at one of these shops try to tell a first time buyer, *If you pull it, you better use it!*
    Oh, one of the worst kind of Fuddisms misunderstood advice retold with no application of common sense. Now had the person you over heard said, ‘you better be prepared to use it’ it would have been advice. Amazing what happens when you add or remove one word.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, one of the worst kind of Fuddisms misunderstood advice retold with no application of common sense. Now had the person you over heard said, ‘you better be prepared to use it’ it would have been advice. Amazing what happens when you add or remove one word.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Back when I used to frequent the local academy to eye the in store sales I often heard the following:

Gun counter guy and husband/boyfriend convincing a 1st time lady gunbuyer that a snubbie 38 revo was the best choice...

plenty of talk of "black talons", oooohhhhh

The occasional "polishing the firing pin so the gun would run full auto" This was always a favorite, I had no idea how much difference surface finish could make...

How someones "grandpappy" had a M1 "Grand" and that no one was allowed to touch it...

How racking a shotgun will make any thief or home invasion perp run for their life.

And that any shotgun has this magic 10ft spread, but all of the "bbs" will hit the intended target regardless of aim

These were heard from a variety of Fudds and Derps, the older the fudd the more ridiculous the claims are. I guess those that have been retelling the same tired BS like to embellish it over time. I was often surprise by "hunters", their knowledge of even rudimentary gun and shooting mechanics was **** poor to non-existent. I guess these are the same "sportsmen" that buy their ammo to hunt with the day before, and cry when their is a shortage.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Not sure about the first one, but I'm pretty sure the second one is Gospel. JMB Gospel.

As the undefeated champ at Camp Perry? Yea.

As modern duty pistol? No. The new 2011’s are making their way into the duty world, but even those make the JMB fanboys cringe.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    What an awesome title. Fuddlore: Tales of the Fudd.

I’ll just go ahead and leave this one alone...

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Two women at the gun counter in Academy . One was buying her first gun . The guy behind the counter told her that it was " Federal Law " that you must lock up your firearm when it's in your home unattended. If somebody steals it and uses it in a crime " you're legally responsible " . I told her that was ******** .

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Two women at the gun counter in Academy . One was buying her first gun . The guy behind the counter told her that it was " Federal Law " that you must lock up your firearm when it's in your home unattended. If somebody steals it and uses it in a crime " you're legally responsible " . I told her that was ******** .

I can't breath !

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/sagedynamics/videos/900136923830244/[/video]

This should be a testament to guns and their inherent safety, that a group of complete idiots lead by this mouth breather somehow only managed to accidentally shoot 3 people.

And to that I say thank you gun makers of America even PSA, Bearcreek and the like. Your superior safety features haven’t gone in noticed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom