Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Fuddlore: Tales of the Fudd

So far, today alone, I have heard and read of fudds saying that:

You can shoot someone in Louisiana for stealing your property.
    That your car is an extension of your home so you can shoot someone messing with your car.
    That you can shoot trespassers on your property.

I know you local shop owners/workers get to hear lots of fuddlore, so I'm curious what good tales have come across your counter lately.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

One that sticks out from a delayed sale today...."oh I got delayed becUz I wUz buying trying to buy a pIsTol, not a hunting shotgun or a rifle"....His rationale was that because if it would have been for hunting he would have been able to leave with it the day of.

He also mentioned that him and his wife got into a argument when he got to the domestic violence question on the 4473.

I couldn't help but think of this picture:

I cant make this up.
    Last edited by rcm192; July 28th, 2020 at 09:48 PM.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

You can’t drive around with a loaded gun.

You can’t carry a sidearm while hunting. (WMA’s YMMV)

If they are outside shoot them and drag them inside.

Say main you got any dem stencil-mags. (Derp not fudd)

I think I’m wandering off topic.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I never buy guns from stores because the government tracks them in a defacto registry. Even though it’s illegal and impractical the monkey on the other end of the NICS call are part of a government conspiracy to log your purchase.

Long winded but I think this is more in line with what you were looking for.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I was visiting with a friend in Baton Rouge last week and we stopped by 3 different gun shops. For the umpteenth time, I overheard a customer at one of these shops try to tell a first time buyer, *If you pull it, you better use it!*
    Last edited by 323MAR; July 28th, 2020 at 10:49 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    I was visiting with a friend in Baton Rouge last week and we stopped by 3 different gun shops. For the umpteenth time, I overheard a customer at one of these shops try to tell a first time buyer, *If you pull it, you better use it!*
    Oh, one of the worst kind of Fuddisms misunderstood advice retold with no application of common sense. Now had the person you over heard said, ‘you better be prepared to use it’ it would have been advice. Amazing what happens when you add or remove one word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    Oh, one of the worst kind of Fuddisms misunderstood advice retold with no application of common sense. Now had the person you over heard said, ‘you better be prepared to use it’ it would have been advice. Amazing what happens when you add or remove one word.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Back when I used to frequent the local academy to eye the in store sales I often heard the following:

Gun counter guy and husband/boyfriend convincing a 1st time lady gunbuyer that a snubbie 38 revo was the best choice...

plenty of talk of "black talons", oooohhhhh

The occasional "polishing the firing pin so the gun would run full auto" This was always a favorite, I had no idea how much difference surface finish could make...

How someones "grandpappy" had a M1 "Grand" and that no one was allowed to touch it...

How racking a shotgun will make any thief or home invasion perp run for their life.

And that any shotgun has this magic 10ft spread, but all of the "bbs" will hit the intended target regardless of aim

These were heard from a variety of Fudds and Derps, the older the fudd the more ridiculous the claims are. I guess those that have been retelling the same tired BS like to embellish it over time. I was often surprise by "hunters", their knowledge of even rudimentary gun and shooting mechanics was piss poor to non-existent. I guess these are the same "sportsmen" that buy their ammo to hunt with the day before, and cry when their is a shortage.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

You can only deer hunt in this state with a clip on that rifle that holds 3 boolits, Capt. Mullet at Sherburne quote
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    You can only deer hunt in this state with a clip on that rifle that holds 3 boolits, Capt. Mullet at Sherburne quote
    I’ve hear this one before. It’s almost true though, if only deer had wings a migrated.

Oh yeah and you were holding a scatter gun.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I’ve hear this one before. It’s almost true though, if only deer had wings a migrated.

Oh yeah and you were holding a scatter gun.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.