Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Holosun 507c with new Primary Arms reticle

It looks like Primary Arms came out with another reticle. There's a ring that doesn't show up in the field of view when the chevron can be seen. But if you're off a bit, the ring shows up to let you know where the chevron is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-Y26z54Ro

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

This is pretty slick
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    This is pretty slick
    I thought so. But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to mention how stupid it is because you should be able to present the weapon in a way that the reticle is always in view.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I was going to post something about parallax and red dots but then read a sightmark blog post and they mentioned how even with parallax free red dots at closer ranges you will still have the dot/reticle move when you are not aligned with the sight which now makes the big red cricle around the RDS make sense. Learn something new everyday. Guess this is not an issue with using a RDS at ranges greater than 10-25yds.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I sounds amazing. I just don't understand how it does it

Marksman

User Info Menu

the emitter is always emitting the circle but because it only hits the glass at certain angles you won't see it until you reach that angle otherwise it is just projected into space and not visible.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I thought so. But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to mention how stupid it is because you should be able to present the weapon in a way that the reticle is always in view.
    It will be a good training aid for those who are new to RDS.

Not quite as necessary if you have BUIS though, and you should refine your presentation through dry fire regardless of if you have this new optic, an existing optic, or irons only

Marksman

User Info Menu

I was wondering how a rectangle w/ dot would work? Man in the box optic?
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    I was going to post something about parallax and red dots but then read a sightmark blog post and they mentioned how even with parallax free red dots at closer ranges you will still have the dot/reticle move when you are not aligned with the sight which now makes the big red cricle around the RDS make sense. Learn something new everyday. Guess this is not an issue with using a RDS at ranges greater than 10-25yds.
    The dot will move if everything isn’t aligned. Parallax free or not, it will move.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    It will be a good training aid for those who are new to RDS.

Not quite as necessary if you have BUIS though, and you should refine your presentation through dry fire regardless of if you have this new optic, an existing optic, or irons only
    They've also measured the bullet drop for rifle rounds. I think a good place for this sight would be a rifle when shooting in non-conventional positions.