Holosun 507c with new Primary Arms reticle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It looks like Primary Arms came out with another reticle. There's a ring that doesn't show up in the field of view when the chevron can be seen. But if you're off a bit, the ring shows up to let you know where the chevron is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-Y26z54Ro

yycqk4v3xlfi6yzzqyaa.jpg

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I was going to post something about parallax and red dots but then read a sightmark blog post and they mentioned how even with parallax free red dots at closer ranges you will still have the dot/reticle move when you are not aligned with the sight which now makes the big red cricle around the RDS make sense. Learn something new everyday. Guess this is not an issue with using a RDS at ranges greater than 10-25yds.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I sounds amazing. I just don't understand how it does it

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    the emitter is always emitting the circle but because it only hits the glass at certain angles you won't see it until you reach that angle otherwise it is just projected into space and not visible.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I thought so. But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to mention how stupid it is because you should be able to present the weapon in a way that the reticle is always in view.

It will be a good training aid for those who are new to RDS.

Not quite as necessary if you have BUIS though, and you should refine your presentation through dry fire regardless of if you have this new optic, an existing optic, or irons only ;)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was going to post something about parallax and red dots but then read a sightmark blog post and they mentioned how even with parallax free red dots at closer ranges you will still have the dot/reticle move when you are not aligned with the sight which now makes the big red cricle around the RDS make sense. Learn something new everyday. Guess this is not an issue with using a RDS at ranges greater than 10-25yds.

The dot will move if everything isn’t aligned. Parallax free or not, it will move.

50083762302_3195ce4e95.jpg

50082941883_1299067387.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It will be a good training aid for those who are new to RDS.

Not quite as necessary if you have BUIS though, and you should refine your presentation through dry fire regardless of if you have this new optic, an existing optic, or irons only ;)

They've also measured the bullet drop for rifle rounds. I think a good place for this sight would be a rifle when shooting in non-conventional positions.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    the emitter is always emitting the circle but because it only hits the glass at certain angles you won't see it until you reach that angle otherwise it is just projected into space and not visible.

Thanks-you cleared it up for me so easy. I don't know why it was so hard to understand at first.

Top Bottom