Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boats ?

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Sorry Gator, me and boats donít get along. They are money pits and last time I took one out I had an accident and all my guns fell overboard...you know how it is.
    Mai Bruh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atf.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	97421  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Personally, I would stay away from the mass produced Express, Excel, Ranger, etc aluminum hulls. Look at getting a custom aluminum boat built to your specs...Uncle J Custom Boats, Sportsmanís Fabrication....both in Morgan City area and both excellent builders. Or, go with the cookie cutter ďcustomĒ aluminum builds....like a Hankos, Scullys or GatorTrax.

Iíve owned an Uncle J, Scully and a Sportsmanís Fab. Currently have a Gaudet Custom Aluminum. Not saying Gaudet wonít build a smaller boat...but, looks like he has been more focused with some bigger boats, lately. Great hull with a lot of attention to detail.

Just my $0.02.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

SeaArks are pretty good, aluminum hull and decent build quality.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShamu View Post
    Personally, I would stay away from the mass produced Express, Excel, Ranger, etc aluminum hulls. Look at getting a custom aluminum boat built to your specs...Uncle J Custom Boats, Sportsman’s Fabrication....both in Morgan City area and both excellent builders. Or, go with the cookie cutter *custom* aluminum builds....like a Hankos, Scullys or GatorTrax.

I’ve owned an Uncle J, Scully and a Sportsman’s Fab. Currently have a Gaudet Custom Aluminum. Not saying Gaudet won’t build a smaller boat...but, looks like he has been more focused with some bigger boats, lately. Great hull with a lot of attention to detail.

Just my $0.02.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk
    Thanks,Scully's is what we ran at work,Now the Gaudet is considered the premier hull from my understanding,Sweet !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheMole68 View Post
    SeaArks are pretty good, aluminum hull and decent build quality.

Thanks, I'll look into em !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	like-button-2015-06.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	97427  

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Thanks,Scully's is what we ran at work,Now the Gaudet is considered the premier hull from my understanding,Sweet !
    Two aluminum builders that are the fashi$$le....Clint Gaudet with Gaudet Aluminum Boats and Alex Gravois with American Aluminum Marine. If you were looking for something 23í+...and have the time to wait on one of their boats (and $$)...they are works of art when complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Gravois, That's the one I was thinking about, I understand one needs very deep pockets for it?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Gravois, That's the one I was thinking about, I understand one needs very deep pockets for it?
    You're going to need deep pockets for any of those custom/semicustom hulls. Just the scantlings they build to versus production boats drives that. The weight of aluminum and material cost. Having real welders versus panel lines, angles versus bent hull plate for reinforcement, etc.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheMole68 View Post
    You're going to need deep pockets for any of those custom/semicustom hulls. Just the scantlings they build to versus production boats drives that. The weight of aluminum and material cost. Having real welders versus panel lines, angles versus bent hull plate for reinforcement, etc.

Oh yeah baby, Very deep pockets for a Gravois and the others are not far behind !
    You like the Sea Ark's ?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hard to beat a Carolina Skiff or a copy of it