Boats ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Thinking about getting back into fishing,Fresh water,Places like Henderson swamp,Toledo bend..etc.

Been kicking the tires very lightly on buying another boat

Had a small 14' years ago with a 25 Johnson which in itself is a pretty good engine!

At work we ran Yamaha's 150's and 200's 4 strokes,We had switched over from 2 strokes several years.

I could tell these 4 stokes sipped the fuel compared to the 2 strokes.

Thinking the 90 Yamaha will be ideal,So I'm looking for recommendations, Boss lady wants a party barge..hahaha.

I'm looking for something that I can get around in the cypress without Congo's falling on the deck !

What ya got or recommend ? Thanks

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I’ve got an 18-60 center console Express that I bought new on 07 with a 90hp Yamaha 2 stroke. It’s been great fishing from the marsh to the red river, small lakes and Toledo Bend. I pull the lil uns on a tube and we all have a good time. As the kids have grown and my wife liking choppy water less and less I’ve considered stepping up to a 20-72 but honestly we don’t use it enough to justify new boat money.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I’ve got an 18-60 center console Express that I bought new on 07 with a 90hp Yamaha 2 stroke. It’s been great fishing from the marsh to the red river, small lakes and Toledo Bend. I pull the lil uns on a tube and we all have a good time. As the kids have grown and my wife liking choppy water less and less I’ve considered stepping up to a 20-72 but honestly we don’t use it enough to justify new boat money.

I've viewed a few Express hulls online,Actually kinda like them!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sorry Gator, me and boats don’t get along. They are money pits and last time I took one out I had an accident and all my guns fell overboard...you know how it is.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sorry Gator, me and boats don’t get along. They are money pits and last time I took one out I had an accident and all my guns fell overboard...you know how it is.

Mai Bruh?:rofl:

Attachments

• atf.jpg
      atf.jpg
      34.5 KB · Views: 184

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Personally, I would stay away from the mass produced Express, Excel, Ranger, etc aluminum hulls. Look at getting a custom aluminum boat built to your specs...Uncle J Custom Boats, Sportsman’s Fabrication....both in Morgan City area and both excellent builders. Or, go with the cookie cutter “custom” aluminum builds....like a Hankos, Scullys or GatorTrax.

I’ve owned an Uncle J, Scully and a Sportsman’s Fab. Currently have a Gaudet Custom Aluminum. Not saying Gaudet won’t build a smaller boat...but, looks like he has been more focused with some bigger boats, lately. Great hull with a lot of attention to detail.

Just my $0.02.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Personally, I would stay away from the mass produced Express, Excel, Ranger, etc aluminum hulls. Look at getting a custom aluminum boat built to your specs...Uncle J Custom Boats, Sportsman’s Fabrication....both in Morgan City area and both excellent builders. Or, go with the cookie cutter *custom* aluminum builds....like a Hankos, Scullys or GatorTrax.

I’ve owned an Uncle J, Scully and a Sportsman’s Fab. Currently have a Gaudet Custom Aluminum. Not saying Gaudet won’t build a smaller boat...but, looks like he has been more focused with some bigger boats, lately. Great hull with a lot of attention to detail.

Just my $0.02.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

Thanks,Scully's is what we ran at work,Now the Gaudet is considered the premier hull from my understanding,Sweet !

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Thanks,Scully's is what we ran at work,Now the Gaudet is considered the premier hull from my understanding,Sweet !

Two aluminum builders that are the fashi$$le....Clint Gaudet with Gaudet Aluminum Boats and Alex Gravois with American Aluminum Marine. If you were looking for something 23’+...and have the time to wait on one of their boats (and $$)...they are works of art when complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Gravois, That's the one I was thinking about, I understand one needs very deep pockets for it?
    You're going to need deep pockets for any of those custom/semicustom hulls. Just the scantlings they build to versus production boats drives that. The weight of aluminum and material cost. Having real welders versus panel lines, angles versus bent hull plate for reinforcement, etc.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You're going to need deep pockets for any of those custom/semicustom hulls. Just the scantlings they build to versus production boats drives that. The weight of aluminum and material cost. Having real welders versus panel lines, angles versus bent hull plate for reinforcement, etc.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Oh yeah baby, Very deep pockets for a Gravois and the others are not far behind !
    You like the Sea Ark's ?

Top Bottom