Are people losing their collective minds? Insane gun prices.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Okay,

Was just browsing gunbroker.com to find a Mossberg Retrograde 590A1.
    The prices were insane, so I looked at completed auctions to see if they were actually selling as high as the were being posted.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874614901

A $958 msrp shotgun just sold for $2125 not including shipping and FFL fees.

WTF is going on?
    I don’t ever remember prices going this screwy...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Supply and demand.

People are paying $400-600 a case for ammo that used to cost $160-180.

I’ve seen guns flying off the shelves. Ammo is tough to come by.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Supply and demand.

People are paying $400-600 a case for ammo that used to cost $160-180.

I’ve seen guns flying off the shelves. Ammo is tough to come by.

I get that but find the inflated rates totally difficult to digest.
    Never seen it this bad before.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    We had a 2 pc transfer come in yyesterda...the Gunprime invoice has these prices....$1899.00 Century Mini Draco AND Century Micro Draco $1498.00

$39.98 shipping.

Insanity.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I just hope it all translates into a Trump re-election!

I'll say this again; I wish there was a way we could get the word out that all these first time gun buyers around the country can come here and sell them when they realize they really didn't want them. Pawn shops are going to have a field day with these buybacks!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I get that but find the inflated rates totally difficult to digest.
    Never seen it this bad before.

Then don't buy anything?

I've been able to find a few deals here and there. The only things inflated are guns and ammo. Magazines and parts have remained relatively the same.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Then don't buy anything?

I've been able to find a few deals here and there. The only things inflated are guns and ammo. Magazines and parts have remained relatively the same.

That's what I've been doing. Mags, accessories, and optics upgrading because the prices have stayed the same. Maybe just out of stock more

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Sold about half of them but I still have about 50 new 9mm Glock magazines available if anyone is in need.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Thinking I have several boxes of these ...someplace
    Buffalo 1oz,rounds
    I'd probably need about 35 apiece if I was selling.

Attachments

• 20200729_150524.jpg
      20200729_150524.jpg
      203 KB · Views: 131

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    That's what I've been doing. Mags, accessories, and optics upgrading because the prices have stayed the same. Maybe just out of stock more

Your average panic buyer probably wouldn't ever consider why you'd possibly need more than one magazine or something as superfluous as a range bag or cleaning kit.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Okay,

Was just browsing gunbroker.com to find a Mossberg Retrograde 590A1.
    The prices were insane, so I looked at completed auctions to see if they were actually selling as high as the were being posted.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874614901

A $958 msrp shotgun just sold for $2125 not including shipping and FFL fees.

WTF is going on?
    I don’t ever remember prices going this screwy...

If you look at the bidding history, there are a bunch of NR and +1 ratings, which tells me that the seller is over inflating the prices. I doubt that anyone actually paid that much for the gun. The legit bids are from guys with higher ratings than that. I've seen it happen a lot on gunbroker.com. Those guns don't actually get sold and then they get re-listed on there at lower prices later on. Yeah, and the guy selling it has a NR rating. I doubt that was legit to begin with. I've seen many scams like this on gunbroker.com. If the seller has a NR rating, don't buy and stay far away because you'll probably never see the gun.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Your average panic buyer probably wouldn't ever consider why you'd possibly need more than one magazine or something as superfluous as a range bag or cleaning kit.
    Absolutely correct. I bought a nice AR from a remorseful buyer just last winter for way less than he paid for it. I casually asked about the mag for the rifle, more out of impulse than anything and he said, oh, I never bought a magazine for it. Neither had he bought the first bullet. He never planned on shooting it.
    People can say what they want about Obammy, but anyone who can sell a rifle to someone who never wanted one...that dude could make a killing selling cars.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I haven't been into this long enough to have seen a panic-buying cycle or two before... for those of you that have, obviously it'll come down from the ceiling eventually, but what does the history teach us about election years?

My completely unscientific hunch would be that we’ll start to see some market equilibrium come toward the end of 2020 or early 2021. My back-of-the-napkin figuring: pandemic and politics will be cooling down by then (even if Biden wins he won't be able to do anything dramatic), people will have more pressing things to spend their money on around the holidays, and people always get frugal in January so will probably start thinking about selling that gun they bought six months ago and never fired. Demand goes down, supply catches up, prices level off, basic economics. That’s just my guess.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Glad I buy ammo in non-panic times. I have a nice stockpile so I will just wait this out.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'm pretty good on ammo but I stumbled on some 9mm that was too cheap to pass up so I bought 2 cases . Couldn't help myself .

Lol, if my wife stumbles on one more pile of ammo in this house I’ll be selling a bunch...and prolly looking for some low rent housing.
    First world problems suck.

Top Bottom