Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by twinin View Post
    That's what I've been doing. Mags, accessories, and optics upgrading because the prices have stayed the same. Maybe just out of stock more
    Your average panic buyer probably wouldn't ever consider why you'd possibly need more than one magazine or something as superfluous as a range bag or cleaning kit.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    Okay,

Was just browsing gunbroker.com to find a Mossberg Retrograde 590A1.
    The prices were insane, so I looked at completed auctions to see if they were actually selling as high as the were being posted.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874614901

A $958 msrp shotgun just sold for $2125 not including shipping and FFL fees.

WTF is going on?
    I don’t ever remember prices going this screwy...
    If you look at the bidding history, there are a bunch of NR and +1 ratings, which tells me that the seller is over inflating the prices. I doubt that anyone actually paid that much for the gun. The legit bids are from guys with higher ratings than that. I've seen it happen a lot on gunbroker.com. Those guns don't actually get sold and then they get re-listed on there at lower prices later on. Yeah, and the guy selling it has a NR rating. I doubt that was legit to begin with. I've seen many scams like this on gunbroker.com. If the seller has a NR rating, don't buy and stay far away because you'll probably never see the gun.
    Last edited by hkump; July 29th, 2020 at 02:46 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

simple economics 101 at work

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southerncanuck View Post
    Your average panic buyer probably wouldn't ever consider why you'd possibly need more than one magazine or something as superfluous as a range bag or cleaning kit.
    Absolutely correct. I bought a nice AR from a remorseful buyer just last winter for way less than he paid for it. I casually asked about the mag for the rifle, more out of impulse than anything and he said, oh, I never bought a magazine for it. Neither had he bought the first bullet. He never planned on shooting it.
    People can say what they want about Obammy, but anyone who can sell a rifle to someone who never wanted one...that dude could make a killing selling cars.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

It's a sellers market, You have to step it up if you want to play !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

sheepdog

User Info Menu

More panic buying it will level back down eventually we have all seen it

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I haven't been into this long enough to have seen a panic-buying cycle or two before... for those of you that have, obviously it'll come down from the ceiling eventually, but what does the history teach us about election years?

My completely unscientific hunch would be that we’ll start to see some market equilibrium come toward the end of 2020 or early 2021. My back-of-the-napkin figuring: pandemic and politics will be cooling down by then (even if Biden wins he won't be able to do anything dramatic), people will have more pressing things to spend their money on around the holidays, and people always get frugal in January so will probably start thinking about selling that gun they bought six months ago and never fired. Demand goes down, supply catches up, prices level off, basic economics. That’s just my guess.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Glad I buy ammo in non-panic times. I have a nice stockpile so I will just wait this out.

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markmmg View Post
    Glad I buy ammo in non-panic times. I have a nice stockpile so I will just wait this out.
    I'm pretty good on ammo but I stumbled on some 9mm that was too cheap to pass up so I bought 2 cases . Couldn't help myself .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    I'm pretty good on ammo but I stumbled on some 9mm that was too cheap to pass up so I bought 2 cases . Couldn't help myself .
    Lol, if my wife stumbles on one more pile of ammo in this house I’ll be selling a bunch...and prolly looking for some low rent housing.
    First world problems suck.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...