The New Form 4473

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I'm being told the newest Form 4473s have an option for "Non-Binary" under sex. Not just Male or Female anymore. Can anyone confirm this? Crazy times we live in.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I suppose you can just choose to identify as that?
    It should not even come into play unless there is a trace on the purchase. Many 4473s become worthless after the buyer moves or passes away. The vast majority of firearms are never even fired or used in any crimes, so the forms are mostly a waste of taxpayer funds.
    I really don’t care if they put unknown extraterrestrial species on the form. It becomes null and void after you die.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    This is correct. However:

Your gender is non fluid, unlike your weight, or even your height. People lose, and gain weight. People get taller as they grow, and shorter as they grow older.

Your gender does not change.

So if you select non-binary, just make sure that your State Issued Photo ID matches your selection. :dogkeke:

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    The greatest change is the gun info is on the same page as the buyers info. Some think that this form makes it easier to compile a database for back door Registry

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I would like to self identify as a millionaire who owns 10,000 acres of land and doesn't have a neighbor within 40 miles or so...

But for serious, I'm not judging the non-binary thing, although I don't really understand. But, to each his own, I suppose. If that box is checked, do y'all think that would pretty much automatically get a delay?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I would like to self identify as a millionaire who owns 10,000 acres of land and doesn't have a neighbor within 40 miles or so...

But for serious, I'm not judging the non-binary thing, although I don't really understand. But, to each his own, I suppose. If that box is checked, do y'all think that would pretty much automatically get a delay?

Its up to the FFL's discretion. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom