Meplat

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Ammo prices....?! 8-0

Oh my.
    Dang...
    Shut your mouth.
    Iím just poking around online and what I see in stock (with 3-5 week shipping, mind you)
    9mm FMJ is 44-80+ cents per round....but you can camp out at academy and get it for 30 cents per round plus tax (33 cents per round)

I saw .40 for 36-44 cents/rnd

XM855 starting at 69 cents/rnd

Anybody seeing different?

I wouldnít wanna be the guy buying ammo right now, but if you are, maybe peeps will post up any good deals they see on ammo and components here.
    This reminds me of 7.5 years ago...
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Last week at Cabelaís, I was glad to find some .32acp fmj for only $17. My Wife shoots it in her Walter PP range toy.
    The same day at Academy in BR, I found a spam can of 7.62x39 for $160 and 5.7 at $23 a box(Federal American Eagle.)

You can get some of what you need at one Academy or another if you are willing to drive around Southern Louisiana.
    Last edited by 323MAR; July 29th, 2020 at 10:22 PM.

User Info Menu

I had consolidated to 9mm and .223/556 some time ago. I have a good amount of ammo but if I was shooting weekly like I used to it wouldnt last long.

I've been shopping for something in .40, 10mm or 762x39 simply because I can find ammo at a not stupid price. I just ordered a Palmetto AK minutes ago.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I just received a case of WWB 9mm from Cabelaís for $0.22/rd.
    Not the best ammo, but it should be fine for hitting steel.

The deals are out there, but they go fast.

CTD was selling Steel Case 9mm for $0.60/rd lol

There is a shop in Ponchatoula selling .357 for $55/box

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    Last week at Cabela’s, I was glad to find some .32acp fmj for only $17. My Wife shoots it in her Walter PP range toy.
    The same day at Academy in BR, I found a spam can of 7.62x39 for $160 and 5.7 at $23 a box(Federal American Eagle.)

You can get some of what you need at one Academy or another if you are willing to drive around Southern Louisiana.
    I hear ya. I guess ya gotta weigh out cost of gas and savings on ammo. Sounds like you did pretty good. Are they limiting the amount you can buy like last panic?

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I had consolidated to 9mm and .223/556 some time ago. I have a good amount of ammo but if I was shooting weekly like I used to it wouldnt last long.

I've been shopping for something in .40, 10mm or 762x39 simply because I can find ammo at a not stupid price. I just ordered a Palmetto AK minutes ago.
    Lol, I did something similar over the last couple years. I had one RIA 1911 in 10mm and a substantial amount of 10mm ammo that I bought on the cheap. Built a AR in 10 and bought a double stack pistol. Problem solved!?! I think...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I hear ya. I guess ya gotta weigh out cost of gas and savings on ammo. Sounds like you did pretty good. Are they limiting the amount you can buy like last panic?
    A total of 3 boxes per visit. That means I purchased the spam can of 7.62x39 and the 2 boxes of 5.7mm.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    A total of 3 boxes per visit. That means I purchased the spam can of 7.62x39 and the 2 boxes of 5.7mm.
    Haha! Work it bro!

Bayou Photo Shooter

User Info Menu

I pass two Academy's almost daily and was having good luck there until the last week. The last week they've been completely bare of 9mm.
    IATSE Local 600 Camera Operator

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Thinking my 9mm probably runs 9cents per round .....120 grain
    Last edited by Gator 45/70; July 30th, 2020 at 07:35 AM.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.