NFAC leader says 'no one was shot'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    What year was that in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In 1984 and 1985 USAF basic training shot M-16 modified to shoot 22LR. They had white colored plastic magazines for the 22 rimfire but you could only load a max of 10 rounds in because any more pressure on the rounds would cause jams. Even with 10 rounds it jammed frequently.
    I practiced before basic using my dad's Ruger mini-14 and was very proficient with it....when I shot the military's fairy rifle with the 22LR in basic it was a total letdown.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    In 1984 and 1985 USAF basic training shot M-16 modified to shoot 22LR. They had white colored plastic magazines for the 22 rimfire but you could only load a max of 10 rounds in because any more pressure on the rounds would cause jams. Even with 10 rounds it jammed frequently.
    I practiced before basic using my dad's Ruger mini-14 and was very proficient with it....when I shot the military's fairy rifle with the 22LR in basic it was a total letdown.

Maybe I misunderstood him. The trainers were still the same platform just modified to shoot 22s.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    So maybe the Grand Master was a cook...

I'd be a little wary if he said he was, "Just a cook."

i0od1b62x13x6qobm91q.jpg

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA

One thing I have always wondered about. When I was in basic training in Lackland, I clearly remember the Ammo cartons labeled 7.62 NATO but we were shooting M16 rifles. Got to shoot a lot of it though because we were at the range the entire day for two days. That was 1970. I wasn’t into shooting much back then (I was 17 years old) but wish I had been more aware. Was there such an animal back then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Reminds me of the retired military officer FOX claimed to be their knowledgeable military expert . This guy actually may know more about the AR than The Fox expert .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    Are those tactical Mary J Blige sunglasses he's wearing in that pic? along with his chrome 40oz opener dangling from his empty plate carrier...

Top Bottom