Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Capt Congo! Now that is funny!!

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    What year was that in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In 1984 and 1985 USAF basic training shot M-16 modified to shoot 22LR. They had white colored plastic magazines for the 22 rimfire but you could only load a max of 10 rounds in because any more pressure on the rounds would cause jams. Even with 10 rounds it jammed frequently.
    I practiced before basic using my dad's Ruger mini-14 and was very proficient with it....when I shot the military's fairy rifle with the 22LR in basic it was a total letdown.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
    In 1984 and 1985 USAF basic training shot M-16 modified to shoot 22LR. They had white colored plastic magazines for the 22 rimfire but you could only load a max of 10 rounds in because any more pressure on the rounds would cause jams. Even with 10 rounds it jammed frequently.
    I practiced before basic using my dad's Ruger mini-14 and was very proficient with it....when I shot the military's fairy rifle with the 22LR in basic it was a total letdown.
    Maybe I misunderstood him. The trainers were still the same platform just modified to shoot 22s.

Marksman

User Info Menu

That is an interesting "Bullpup " that he has .

XD-GEM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    So maybe the Grand Master was a cook...
    I'd be a little wary if he said he was, "Just a cook."

On Target

User Info Menu

Capt Congo! Now that is funny!!
    That's some funny shit right there; I don't care who you are.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by firelane View Post
    That is an interesting "Bullpup " that he has .
    Hahahahaha! That’s a German XR15 bullpup. Got that kickback son!

Better than that old ass Winchester 20 gauge.

This guy is literally my new favorite comedian. I heard rumors that he’s Samuel L Jackson’s brother.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

One thing I have always wondered about. When I was in basic training in Lackland, I clearly remember the Ammo cartons labeled 7.62 NATO but we were shooting M16 rifles. Got to shoot a lot of it though because we were at the range the entire day for two days. That was 1970. I wasnít into shooting much back then (I was 17 years old) but wish I had been more aware. Was there such an animal back then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XD-GEM View Post
    I'd be a little wary if he said he was, "Just a cook."

Lol

Its always the one bragging about their time that we’re the actual cooks or plumbers or ‘sanitation engineers’.