LA. Riots of ‘92

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yea, Gone are those days kinda....

I heard during Katrina, the owner of the jewelry store in New Orleans East shot some people and left their bodies in front of the store.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Interesting that all the photos are of Koreans. Does anyone know why that is?

Did you bother to read the article...Second paragraph
    I’m thinking many people here are too young to remember the ‘Rooftop Koreans’ or ‘Roof Koreans’. They handled their business and set a good example and their part of town remained untouched. I’m thinking the Mcklosky’s (spelling?) remembered the times and acted accordingly.
    Look up roof Korean memes for a laugh.
    The other part of the LA or Rodney King riots was the mob stopping cars and beating people. Anyone here remember the trucker that was dragged from his truck and beaten nearly to death? Video of the perp cracking a brick on the side of his head might remind someone here of why people panic when they are stopped and surrounded by a mob breaking the windows of their car. This is why I won’t stop:

https://youtu.be/esCUEbmmE6s

9dbe8f9aa52098232a7843382ba3e4d9.jpg

535e3e97470d34dc678bb5b8a0ae3d91.jpg

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Listening to the woman news anchor made me nauseated. Sounds no different than today. Are those guns registered? She was trying to make the people protecting life and property the problem. Sound familiar?

Aurellevi

Intermediate
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Denham Springs
    In the footage a rioter blocking traffic is heard telling his underlings to "Let the Mexicans through, but if it's a White-Boy or a Buddha-Head to pull em out". That is exactly what they did to some. Makes me wonder how more rioters weren't run over while attempting to stop the "White-Boy" and "Buddha-Head".
    No, White-Boy is not being used as a term of endearment in this video.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    During Katrina there was an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair that checked into the shelter I was helping to staff at the time. This was about four days after the storm had actually passed and he was dropped off by a sheriff’s deputy. The deputy told me his story, which was basically that he lived alone and didn’t evacuate and rode things out. There was a gang of looters going from house to house in his neighborhood and he shot three from his wheelchair as they entered his bedroom until he ran out of ammunition. Two ended up dead blocking the door to his bedroom trapping him in there while the third fled. He kept calling for help and trying to call on the phone but of course everything was down.

The deputy happened to be passing through the neighborhood and saw the body of the third man that fled in the front yard almost to the street. If he hadn’t checked the house, who knows how long the old guy would have been in there with those bodies.

If I remember correctly the old guy was 93 years old at that time. I also happen to know for certain that when he was able to leave the shelter and go back home, there were two new boxes of ammunition inside his door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    During Katrina there was an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair that checked into the shelter I was helping to staff at the time. This was about four days after the storm had actually passed and he was dropped off by a sheriff’s deputy. The deputy told me his story, which was basically that he lived alone and didn’t evacuate and rode things out. There was a gang of looters going from house to house in his neighborhood and he shot three from his wheelchair as they entered his bedroom until he ran out of ammunition. Two ended up dead blocking the door to his bedroom trapping him in there while the third fled. He kept calling for help and trying to call on the phone but of course everything was down.

The deputy happened to be passing through the neighborhood and saw the body of the third man that fled in the front yard almost to the street. If he hadn’t checked the house, who knows how long the old guy would have been in there with those bodies.

If I remember correctly the old guy was 93 years old at that time. I also happen to know for certain that when he was able to leave the shelter and go back home, there were two new boxes of ammunition inside his door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love this story.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Listening to the woman news anchor made me nauseated. Sounds no different than today. Are those guns registered? She was trying to make the people protecting life and property the problem. Sound familiar?

Lol, what would have been super cool would be if right about then, one of those little Koreans had jumped down with a big ass cane knife and beheaded a gun toting rioter.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Gee lady....I don't know....Think any of those Molotovs are registered? :rolleyes:
    Yeah I do remember footage circulating back then of some local Cal talking heads asking idiotic questions like that.

Those people were on the verge of being overwhelmed, and law enforcement wasn't going to be coming to the rescue. As we can all see, that's still the pattern today when local leadership allows things to snowball past the point of no return....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom