RANT....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    With this craziness I'm sitting on enough ammo to keep me happy but not enough to shoot a lot.... So i only pull out the 9mm if I bought some to replace it beforehand. Also just got a keltec p17 and don't even want to use a brick of ammo... The difference I've seen of this versus the last craze is it's not the old retired dudes going in and buying everything and reselling... It's a bunch of people buying everything in a panic... Hell i bet several people that just bought a 9mm are buying 380 thinking it will work... Just wait a year or two and the used gun market os going to be massive (a few of the jackwagons will probably buzzsaw their guns and post it on Facebook when this is all over)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    With this craziness I'm sitting on enough ammo to keep me happy but not enough to shoot a lot.... So i only pull out the 9mm if I bought some to replace it beforehand. Also just got a keltec p17 and don't even want to use a brick of ammo... The difference I've seen of this versus the last craze is it's not the old retired dudes going in and buying everything and reselling... It's a bunch of people buying everything in a panic... Hell i bet several people that just bought a 9mm are buying 380 thinking it will work... Just wait a year or two and the used gun market os going to be massive (a few of the jackwagons will probably buzzsaw their guns and post it on Facebook when this is all over)

The old retired dudes are still buying what they can, but they are trying to fight with the new gun owners to get items.

They are still trying to resell them at high prices. You just don’t see as much as before.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Some expensive 9mm pistol ammunition was posted here today.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I wonder if 40 is selling well? I traded for a bunch of it recently, just because the guy had 40 and wanted some of the stuff I had. I dont mind 40, just don't shoot it very often. What is the going rate? 30-40 cents a round for fmj? 80cents to a buck a round for hollow points? Pretty sure I have some winchester ranger 40, ooooohhhh black talons....

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I wonder if 40 is selling well? I traded for a bunch of it recently, just because the guy had 40 and wanted some of the stuff I had. I dont mind 40, just don't shoot it very often. What is the going rate? 30-40 cents a round for fmj? 80cents to a buck a round for hollow points? Pretty sure I have some winchester ranger 40, ooooohhhh black talons....

The .40 I have seen recently is selling for less.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah I bought a pretty good bit from the Walmart stores at 14 cents per round, plus tax mind you, but Winchester white box for 7 bucks a pop will make you spend some money. It’s not in demand like 9mm at the moment but it’s up there.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Everything is selling well.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    The ammo shortage has more factors than panic buyers. You have more first time gun buyers in 4 month period than probably anytime in history. Those people are buying ammo for their new weapons. Covid shutdown of ammo manufacturing along with lead being harder to import are all contributing to the short supply as well.

SG ammo had 9mm and 300BO subs in stock today.

Last edited:

rugrat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Louisiana
    Good news is if you have a rifle in .243win you have plenty of ammo left on the shelves...

Not only that but 6.5 creedmore, 7mm rem mag, 350 legend, 300win mag, and other not so common popular calibers. Was in academy sports and that was about the only rifle ammo they had in stock on the shelves along with 40 s&w pistol ammo. No, 9mm, 38 special, 357 magnum or 45acp. They did have 1 box of 44 magnum though.

rugrat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Louisiana
    Try SGAMMO

Naw, lately they have been pulling "cheaper than dirt" price goughing tactics. I no longer deal with them because of that. I now prefer to deal with targetsportsusa instead. Especially since they offer lower shipping charges and free shipping when someone orders a complete case of any ammo.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

The 380 will actually fire in some 9's, Won't cycle worth a dang.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Naw, lately they have been pulling "cheaper than dirt" price goughing tactics. I no longer deal with them because of that. I now prefer to deal with targetsportsusa instead. Especially since they offer lower shipping charges and free shipping when someone orders a complete case of any ammo.

I use them also.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The ammo shortage has more factors than panic buyers. You have more first time gun buyers in 4 month period than probably anytime in history. Those people are buying ammo for their new weapons. Covid shutdown of ammo manufacturing along with lead being harder to import are all contributing to the short supply as well.

SG ammo had 9mm and 300BO subs in stock today.

Federal also increased prices across the board and now sells direct to consumer, cutting out distributors.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Federal also increased prices across the board and now sells direct to consumer, cutting out distributors.

Most distributors have .40 and .45 but have 9mm on backorder because so many are now buying directly from the Federal Website at inflated prices.

lsujeep

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Br, lafayette, and Nola
    I hear ya but really cannot fault a seller (finding a buyer) at the highest price he/she can. it just the free market working itself out. (for the time being until the free mkt doesn't exist...)
    at this point no one is forced to buy or sell. they choose to and let it rock n roll. but again I hear ya. i like the days of inexpensive 9mm all day. I'll pounce when that happens again..it will. no telling when though. By the way gold hit 2000 an ounce for 1st time ever.

Top Bottom