Mississippi flag submissions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    https://www.mdah.ms.gov/news/view-submissions-new-mississippi-state-flag

There are something like 3,000+ submissions received, and some of them are pretty good concepts. I particularly like some of the ones with curved or wavy lines representative of the river, and I like a lot of the ones with the modern, stylized Magnolia flower logo.

I'm a traditionalist at heart, so I'm not an advocate of changing the flag, but it's readily apparent that it's going to happen, so I will settle for officially changing it so long as individuals continue to have the freedom to fly the old one at their house, or hang it on their wall, or stick it on their bumper if it makes them happy.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    https://www.mdah.ms.gov/news/view-submissions-new-mississippi-state-flag

There are something like 3,000+ submissions received, and some of them are pretty good concepts. I particularly like some of the ones with curved or wavy lines representative of the river, and I like a lot of the ones with the modern, stylized Magnolia flower logo.

I'm a traditionalist at heart, so I'm not an advocate of changing the flag, but it's readily apparent that it's going to happen, so I will settle for officially changing it so long as individuals continue to have the freedom to fly the old one at their house, or hang it on their wall, or stick it on their bumper if it makes them happy

I will predict, it will be considered a hate crime!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    How about replacing the "offending portion" with just a plain, blue field with a large white star centered? It would be like Mississippi's answer to the famous and universally accepted flag of Texas.

iu

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Being born and raised in Mississippi my family has deep rooted feelings about the old flag. The greatest majority of my friends and family have two objections to changing it:

The first is the fact that changing it because it’s a symbol of racism is complete and utter horse$h!+. Anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot.

The second is the deep resentment in being pushed and pushed and pushed from the left. Being told that you can’t do this, say that, wear this, have that or you’re racist. We are tired of being told we are racist. We are tired of being pushed out of cheap/affordable neighborhoods because of the crime brought in by a certain demographic. We are tired of loosing whole cities to that same problem. But some how whitey is to blame for all the problems in the world.

Then we are told by a bunch limp wristed whiners that we need to chose love and change our flag because we should love our neighbors and that flag represents oppression to some. It’s plucking cloth arranged in 3 colors how is it oppressing anyone? Further more how is it that our great capital has been laid to waste by the people who are being oppressed. Nearly every major metropolitan area in the south has a massive crime and poverty problem It’s a generational dependence and deviance that’s the real problem.

This stupid flag issue has been an issue since I was a young boy every couple years it’s the same fight. It’s a giant waste of time and resources so on one hand I’m relieved it’s over but on the other I know politics of appeasement never lead anywhere you want to be.

To make matters worse the idiots insisted that ‘in God we trust’ be on the flag leaving another 30 years of arguing with the godless for our future. To say I’m dissatisfied with the idiots we elected in November is an understatement.

As I final thought to my massive rant; I will vote down every flag that comes to the ballot box and I encourage every Mississippian who is sick of being pushed to do the same.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I would put the image of a bale of cotton .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    How about replacing the "offending portion" with just a plain, blue field with a large white star centered? It would be like Mississippi's answer to the famous and universally accepted flag of Texas.

iu

Sure, I don't see them getting rid of one confederate flag and going to another. History be damned. They will just likely choose some crazy new design.

Top Bottom