Scammers Being Called Out on L.A.Sportsman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    And the madness on LA Sportsman is ratcheting up a couple more notches. How about a $1200 Stevens 410 double barrel shotgun? Or maybe you prefer his Remington 30.06 742 Woodmaster rifle @ $850? He claims it had 5 rounds total down the pipe since 1962. Oh my, people be standin in line to buy that one.

https://app.louisianasportsman.com/...ngle_ad&id=973825&cat_code=HU&subcat_code=HU3

https://app.louisianasportsman.com/...ngle_ad&id=974577&cat_code=HU&subcat_code=HU3

Its you're BS duty to text him up and put the ''Po'' mouth on him....You know,Just to see how low he will go ?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    G19 gen5 for $1200...

But it DOES come with the box and a couple extra mags! I'd try to talk him down, but the price is firm. :dogkeke:

https://app.louisianasportsman.com/...ngle_ad&id=974830&cat_code=HU&subcat_code=HU3

Dayum! F**kers are nuts! Maybe somebody from Cali buys it from him via FFL.

I picked up a case of ammo from a guy last week and he said the current new pistol shortages are due in part to people in Cali/West Coast area buying and willing to pay whatever prices for new pistols.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Dayum! F**kers are nuts! Maybe somebody from Cali buys it from him via FFL.

I picked up a case of ammo from a guy last week and he said the current new pistol shortages are due in part to people in Cali/West Coast area buying and willing to pay whatever prices for new pistols.

I'm pretty sure people in Louisiana aren't so willing, but maybe you snare a noob who just HAS to have one. Kinda like hitting on every girl in the bar. Odds are one will go home with ya! :dogkeke:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Kinda like hitting on every girl in the bar. Odds are one will go home with ya!

Oh well now, Experienced at that are we?

This bring's the thread to a whole new level..Carry on !

I'm always an optimist!

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'm pretty sure people in Louisiana aren't so willing, but maybe you snare a noob who just HAS to have one. Kinda like hitting on every girl in the bar. Odds are one will go home with ya! :dogkeke:

I used that strategy about 44 years ago, and it works quite well. Once the lights go off, they all look the same :)

Liquor helps too.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    At least some people appreciate the work that we put in..for free... for "fun."

Oh, I absolutely appreciate what y'all do. And that's why I love Bayou Shooter so much and know it's the best local forum by light years. Certainly the best in Louisiana, maybe even the world! I've recruited dozens of fellow firearm enthusiasts to Bayou Shooter since I joined a few years ago. Thanks for keeping it great. Keep that sh*t up!

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Just found something "funny" on sportsman

https://app.louisianasportsman.com/...ngle_ad&id=974088&cat_code=HU&subcat_code=HU3

I wonder if it is "taxed" as a SBR. Maybe "Earl" is smarter than he appears?

So I checked his other ads. The jeep wheels are my favorite. 3 seperate written descriptions, on in the header, eon as a picture? and the regular area for a lengthy description:

"Jeep rims set of 5..5 lug set of 5 good year tires. P255 /75 R17 and 9 rims as is. they are for trade for a gun. and also for sale. .just make an offer and it will be considered. I also have other - $1,000.00"

JrFkOhH.png

"Its 9 rims and 5 tires as is. 5 lug. P255/75/R17 its a Package deal. It's for trade for a gun. And it's also for sale a $1,000.00 takes it all. I'm not desperate but I'm willing to negotiate send offers to area code
    337-523-9322
    thanks for your time."

Thank God he is not desperate.

Last edited:

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    That old geezer Earl has been hawking stuff for years on there,I think he's a junk man,Which in its self is cool.

He's like the Fred Sanford of LA Sportsman !

Yeah. He has a scrap business. I've talked to him a couple times over the years. Nice fellow

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The scams are back on Louisiana Sportsman. It’s the same guy with multiple accounts. He will agree to meet, but as for a deposit first. Other times he will ask for payment then mail it.
    Many of these listing pop up late at night since it is daytime in the country they are posted from.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The scams are back on Louisiana Sportsman. It’s the same guy with multiple accounts. He will agree to meet, but as for a deposit first. Other times he will ask for payment then mail it.
    Many of these listing pop up late at night since it is daytime in the country they are posted from.

Yep, I talked to him yesterday (I'm ScamReporter...No need to call me a hero...) and posted a warning about it. Then I saw the others pop up all evening. He texts like a foreigner, so if you're paying attention, it's pretty obvious. Although, he is using Google maps because he knows local places, which is a nice touch, I must say.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yep, I talked to him yesterday (I'm ScamReporter...No need to call me a hero...) and posted a warning about it. Then I saw the others pop up all evening. He texts like a foreigner, so if you're paying attention, it's pretty obvious. Although, he is using Google maps because he knows local places, which is a nice touch, I must say.

More being called out,You talking about this Nigerian prince?

https://app.louisianasportsman.com/...ngle_ad&id=982418&cat_code=HU&subcat_code=HU3

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom