Scammers Being Called Out on L.A.Sportsman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    That old geezer Earl has been hawking stuff for years on there,I think he's a junk man,Which in its self is cool.

I've done a deal with Earl and that is his real name. He has a scrap yard in Abbieville and is not an old man. He won't do much traveling so you'll probably have to meet close to Abbieville.
    I think he still has that Sten gun listed. He did have it listed with the shoulder stock until someone told him that it is a NFA item if the stock is attached or sold with the pistol. He is a good ole boy and just likes to try new things without having to travel to far from his residence/business.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    That old geezer Earl has been hawking stuff for years on there,I think he's a junk man,Which in its self is cool.

I've done a deal with Earl and that is his real name. He has a scrap yard in Abbieville and is not an old man. He won't do much traveling so you'll probably have to meet close to Abbieville.
    I think he still has that Sten gun listed. He did have it listed with the shoulder stock until someone told him that it is a NFA item if the stock is attached or sold with the pistol. He is a good ole boy and just likes to try new things without having to travel to far from his residence/business.

Well I don't know him at all, Made a cash offer to him on a Mark2 he's hawking...He's like Naw I'll trade UP for something of more value...

I'm like Hell wouldn't we all love to do that???

If it ain't all for him then he's not interested,

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Well I don't know him at all, Made a cash offer to him on a Mark2 he's hawking...He's like Naw I'll trade UP for something of more value...

I'm like Hell wouldn't we all love to do that???

If it ain't all for him then he's not interested,

I hear ya, I won't be making any more Abbieville trips or anywhere else that doesn't involve meeting at Cabelas in Gonzales or Academy in Hammond. At least I get to go shopping if I drive there and they try to renegotiate the deal once I get there. I'll just send them back to wherever they come from and refuse to do any business with them unless they want to hand me MORE money than originally negotiated.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    ANY time someone wants money sent to them for the gun, and not meet Face to Face, it's over with. Also, if they don't have a long track record of conducting gun transactions, it's not over with; it never began.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I just had a guy want to send me a Dan Wesson 357 rather than meet face to face... only prob is that the SAME GUN, with SAME PICTURES are on gunbroker!

Yep, in the last couple of months there have been a rash of fake scam ads. I think it's one guy just posting lots of crap. He's easy to spot. Won't talk on the phone and wants gas money or a deposit to meet.

Also, he's the only one posting reasonable prices. A dead giveaway!:dogkeke:

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I just had a guy want to send me a Dan Wesson 357 rather than meet face to face... only prob is that the SAME GUN, with SAME PICTURES are on gunbroker!

He stoped answering my emails after I insisted that there is a **** stain on the top strap. He asked me to provide a screen capture of it and I told him to stop touching his firearms after wiping his ass.

Today he posted a Mimi 14 stock and other ads for magazines under the Guns Way and Evo Arms names. He has also used Brian Arms, Smooth Arms, and Will Guns.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom